+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR

RelocateDream

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Everyone,

I just received an email request for my passport for the CoPR!

For personal reasons, I might decline their request. If I do decline, do I get any refund of the fees I paid with my application? I paid both fees (primary applicant and right of PR), and am a single applicant.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Everyone,

For personal reasons, I might decline their request. If I do decline, do I get any refund of the fees I paid with my application? I paid both fees (primary applicant and right of PR), and am a single applicant.

Thanks.
Normally if the application is either refused or withdrawn - you can get a refund of the RPRF.

However in your case the COPR has already been approved - so not sure you'd qualify for a refund even if you withdrew. Guess you could always try.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Everyone,

Thanks.
I believe that the RPRF will be refunded but nothing else.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/fees/refunds/right-permanent-residence-rprf-refund.html

Refunds will be granted in all cases where the Right of Permanent Residence Fee has been paid and the applicant has not acquired permanent resident status. Should the application for permanent residence be refused or withdrawn, the Department is obligated to refund the RPRF.