+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
Could someone explain to me what happens after DM? My husband is a USA citizen, so a visa exempt country. We applied Outland although he’s visiting me in Canada. I have seen applicants having to send in their passport before they can land. Is that required for everyone? Just trying to get a sense of what to expect. Thanks all!

Reactions: marilamb

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hey there, I'm currently going through this right now, just waiting to get my COPR in the mail. When your husband gets DM, he will get an email known as PPR (passport request). That name is a little misleading because since he's from the US, he does not need to submit his physical passport - he only needs to submit a photocopy. In the PPR email they will request four things from you to be sent to Ottawa. The passport photocopy, 2 new photos exactly like the ones you submitted with the app, a prepaid envelope for them to send back your COPR in, and a form called Annex A that will be attached to the email (very simple, just has you write the address where the COPR needs to be mailed). I am also in Canada and they provide you with specific instructions how to send if you are inside Canada vs. outside. You will send everything via Canada Post and get your prepaid envelope from Canada Post as well. :) It takes them about 2-3 weeks to send the COPR after you send in your documents, and when he receives that, he can land whenever he wants. Good luck!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Could someone explain to me what happens after DM? My husband is a USA citizen, so a visa exempt country. We applied Outland although he’s visiting me in Canada. I have seen applicants having to send in their passport before they can land. Is that required for everyone? Just trying to get a sense of what to expect. Thanks all!
I am not sure about US citizens, but for us, my wife (Brit) was the PA (i.e. a visa exempt country).

We received no passport request and no request for new photos (all of these were sent with the original application). We went from 'Decision made' on MyCIC to receiving our paper CoPR in the post some four days later.

It seems not everyone gets a copy PPR and request for photos, but not clear to me why or what pattern (if any) there is for this.

Reactions: D&S and Theateam

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I am not sure about US citizens, but for us, my wife (Brit) was the PA (i.e. a visa exempt country).

We received no passport request and no request for new photos (all of these were sent with the original application). We went from 'Decision made' on MyCIC to receiving our paper CoPR in the post some four days later.

It seems not everyone gets a copy PPR and request for photos, but not clear to me why or what pattern (if any) there is for this.
The London VO hasn't been doing PPR's if you're visa exempt, but OP is being processed at Mississauga where everybody gets a PPR :)

Reactions: Theateam

Vivitty

Dec 13, 2018
I'm not quite sure how COPR works? I've been told that immigration Canada will issue a CoPR to my husband when he gets to the airport and then he'd receive his PR card roughly 2 months after that. Once we have his Passport and visa, can we book his flight to Canada then? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank You!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm not quite sure how COPR works? I've been told that immigration Canada will issue a CoPR to my husband when he gets to the airport and then he'd receive his PR card roughly 2 months after that. Once we have his Passport and visa, can we book his flight to Canada then? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank You!
The COPR will be mailed with his passport. It is required to land.

Reactions: Vivitty