+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Yay but just 6 months on Visa

Sudar

Sep 21, 2015
Hi Guys, got my passport back with visa stamped. Have been provided only 6 months to come to Canada. I believe it is okay to land there, apply for the card, give a trusted friends address and think about moving later. But should I take my family as well? Can I apply for PR card for them as well? I thought I would get an years time and would take them when it is nice and warm.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Sudar said:
Hi Guys, got my passport back with visa stamped. Have been provided only 6 months to come to Canada. I believe it is okay to land there, apply for the card, give a trusted friends address and think about moving later. But should I take my family as well? Can I apply for PR card for them as well? I thought I would get an years time and would take them when it is nice and warm.
The validity of the visa depends on the 1. validity of the passport 2. validity of medical test (1 year) (Validity of visa depends on 1 and 2 whichever is earlier).

Sudar

Sep 21, 2015
Hi thanks, just got to know by reading other posts...

Any suggestions about this : "short landing". What to do and importantly what not to do..

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sudar said:
Everyone in your family must go to Canada before the expiry of the COPR/Visa, or else they will not become a PR.