+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR was mailed to obtain a PR card

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Hi, currently applying for Citizenship. I received an email for my fingerprint and to bring these documents, including the CoPR. I'm confused because to get a PR card I need to send the CoPR.

Bring the following information with you to get your fingerprints taken:
 this letter, so that your application number and the address of the citizenship office requesting your fingerprints are noted on the fingerprint form;

 your proof of permanent resident status - Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);

 your Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);  at least two (2) pieces of valid identification, one of which contains your photo and signature;

 the appropriate fees.
QUESTION: I have a document inside CiC website titled Information Letter in it I have a document that says:

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Windsor IRCC 1250 Walker Road Windsor, ON N8Y 4T4
Date:<>
UCI: <>
CoPR Document #: <>

My Name/Address, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card.

If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
I'm confused if this does not apply to Express Entry application and I don't need any of this?

 your proof of permanent resident status - Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);
Or instead of the CoPR I can use that "Information Letter" as a substitute?

Thanks

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi, currently applying for Citizenship. I received an email for my fingerprint and to bring these documents, including the CoPR. I'm confused because to get a PR card I need to send the CoPR.

QUESTION: I have a document inside CiC website titled Information Letter in it I have a document that says:

I'm confused if this does not apply to Express Entry application and I don't need any of this?

Or instead of the CoPR I can use that "Information Letter" as a substitute?

Thanks
Did you ever figure this out? Same situation for me