+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR via email, want to go home for holidays, can I apply for travel document.

mattandally

Nov 23, 2019
Lincoln, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Hey!

I received my COPR via email last week, and it stated I am now a permanent resident of Canada. I've sent off my ID photo, so my PR card is being processed as we speak.
I would love to go home (UK) for the holidays, but I don't think I'll get my PR card in time. If I don't I've been told to get a PR Travel Document, which I can only apply for out of Canada.

Does anyone know what the processing time of this is? Is there anyway to speed it up? I'm looking at flying to the UK on 17th December and returning to Canada 6th January. Will it be likely that I'll get the PR Travel doc before I head back to Canada?

I've tried searching forums, and people have said I need to 'land'. However I've not been requested to do this, nor do an interview. Possibly due to covid 19. Can I still apply for a PRTD without 'landing'?

Thanks

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I have the same question. I think we can apply for the PRTD even with the online COPR. However, I have no news about the processing times..

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hey!

I received my COPR via email last week, and it stated I am now a permanent resident of Canada. I've sent off my ID photo, so my PR card is being processed as we speak.
I would love to go home (UK) for the holidays, but I don't think I'll get my PR card in time. If I don't I've been told to get a PR Travel Document, which I can only apply for out of Canada.

Does anyone know what the processing time of this is? Is there anyway to speed it up? I'm looking at flying to the UK on 17th December and returning to Canada 6th January. Will it be likely that I'll get the PR Travel doc before I head back to Canada?

I've tried searching forums, and people have said I need to 'land'. However I've not been requested to do this, nor do an interview. Possibly due to covid 19. Can I still apply for a PRTD without 'landing'?

Thanks
If you have COPR, you landed already. This year only they started virtual landing.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey!

Thanks
I don't think you will get a PRTD within a couple weeks of applying for it even in normal times. Add in covid and over the holiday season............................