+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR validity

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!
Received my COPR today and just have a quick question. I understood the validity was either a year after you complete the medical or your passport expiry, whichever comes first. However, the validity on mine is until May 4 2016. My passport expires in 2020 and I completed my medicals on April 16 2015. Do I just assume that my medicals weren't submitted until May 4th? Even though the e-med that I submitted clearly stated the date of my medical exam in April? What I'm really asking is, do I have to get this changed before I can land?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The clinic probably uploaded the medicals on 4th May - it does take them about 2 weeks on average to do that. I imagine you don't have to change anything here.

Congratulations again! :)

sewak34

Oct 20, 2015
purplesnow said:
thank you!

I was thinking that, but at this stage I'm questioning it all!
u mind sharing when did u sent passport and when cic recieved thanks and congrats.... i also sent my passport on 14 oct and cic recieved 19 oct ... problem is i forgot to note or take the tracking sticker off the returning envelope

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sewak34 said:
u mind sharing when did u sent passport and when cic recieved thanks and congrats.... i also sent my passport on 14 oct and cic recieved 19 oct ... problem is i forgot to note or take the tracking sticker off the returning envelope
I sent it the 14th, they received it the 16th, I had the COPR on the 26th. I'm visa exempt though so they only needed a photocopy of my passport.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
I sent it the 14th, they received it the 16th, I had the COPR on the 26th. I'm visa exempt though so they only needed a photocopy of my passport.
Tbh purplesnow, only someone who has their COPR can confirm this and most people usually don't come back to the forum after having one.I don't think it really matters if you are landing before then tho. All the best