+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR through PNP, Procedure after landing

kanz1986

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,

I received my COPR yesterday. I applied PR through SINP. I have the following questions regarding procedures after landing. Can some help me on the queries as I don't know what has to be done.

1. My port of destination is Regina. I will be flying to Vancouver and will get a connection to Regina. Since there are no direct flights to Regina. Will that be an issue?.
2. What are the formalities I need to be doing in Regina/Vancouver. (i.e SIN number etc)
3. I will be doing a soft landing, will be in Canada for a week. I have been given Medical Surveillance. I have to report to a health care centre with in 30 days for inactive TB testing. Can I do the test once I am permanently there. What should would be the procedure for that.
4.Due to Covid issues if I am not able to travel with the COPR validity. Willl the COPR be extended. If so what would be the procedure.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

I received my COPR yesterday. I applied PR through SINP. I have the following questions regarding procedures after landing. Can some help me on the queries as I don't know what has to be done.

1. My port of destination is Regina. I will be flying to Vancouver and will get a connection to Regina. Since there are no direct flights to Regina. Will that be an issue?.
2. What are the formalities I need to be doing in Regina/Vancouver. (i.e SIN number etc)
3. I will be doing a soft landing, will be in Canada for a week. I have been given Medical Surveillance. I have to report to a health care centre with in 30 days for inactive TB testing. Can I do the test once I am permanently there. What should would be the procedure for that.
4.Due to Covid issues if I am not able to travel with the COPR validity. Willl the COPR be extended. If so what would be the procedure.
1. No.
2. You will "land" in Vancouver, you go to a Service Canada office in Regina to get your SIN.
3. Report to the Health care centre, then explain you will be leaving.
4. It is probably moot, since you will not be able to fly to Canada until the flight restrictions are listed.
There is also help available if you need a permanent resident travel document to travel back to Canada.

If you’ve been approved for permanent residence Latest update: March 15, 2020
If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the web form to let us know. We’ll then give you more detailed instructions regarding restarting the processing of your permanent residence application.