+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR since June, PR card not received yet (Edmonton office)

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
I am an inland CEC applicant and have received CoPR on June 13, 2020, I had submitted my photographs to the IRCC Edmonton office. Since July 8, 2020, my application has been showing as "Approved". Also, I have successfully linked the PR Card application to my CIC profile, where my PR application status still shows as "Submitted"

It’s been almost 5 months and I haven't received my Permanent Resident card in the mail yet. I have submitted the IRCC webform twice, but received a generic response each time saying that my application is under process.

I've seen several posts where people have been experiencing delays in receiving the PR card, sometimes up to 4 months. What should be the realistic wait time based on the current processing times? I'm currently outside Canada and can't even call them to check the status. Is there any other way to get this expedited ?

mattandally

Nov 23, 2019
Lincoln, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
I'm in the same position but I only just got my COPR, from what I can see the PR cards are taking around 4-5 months to arrive.

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I am an inland CEC applicant and have received CoPR on June 13, 2020, I had submitted my photographs to the IRCC Edmonton office. Since July 8, 2020, my application has been showing as "Approved". Also, I have successfully linked the PR Card application to my CIC profile, where my PR application status still shows as "Submitted"

It’s been almost 5 months and I haven't received my Permanent Resident card in the mail yet. I have submitted the IRCC webform twice, but received a generic response each time saying that my application is under process.

I've seen several posts where people have been experiencing delays in receiving the PR card, sometimes up to 4 months. What should be the realistic wait time based on the current processing times? I'm currently outside Canada and can't even call them to check the status. Is there any other way to get this expedited ?
I am also in a similar situation. My photos reached the Edmonton office on 3rd July 2020 since then it is showing submitted. Tried webforms and called them a couple of time always got the generic response that its a matter of time. Please let me know if you get any response.

Hami33

Aug 15, 2016
I am also in a similar situation. My photos reached the Edmonton office on 3rd July 2020 since then it is showing submitted. Tried webforms and called them a couple of time always got the generic response that its a matter of time. Please let me know if you get any response.
Did you receive your PR card? I sent my photos on July 3rd to Edmonton office too, and am still waiting for my card.

CLAIRE87

Dec 3, 2019
I submitted mine and my partner's photos end of July - today is day 178, also Edmonton office. It seems to be this office that is delayed. I have posted on a FB group I'm in about this and people comment with the same experience from Edmonton, and I've seen others create posts about the same thing. Getting frustrated now, I don't understand why it is taking so long, even with covid! I submitted a webform today.

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I submitted mine and my partner's photos end of July - today is day 178, also Edmonton office. It seems to be this office that is delayed. I have posted on a FB group I'm in about this and people comment with the same experience from Edmonton, and I've seen others create posts about the same thing. Getting frustrated now, I don't understand why it is taking so long, even with covid! I submitted a webform today.
Hang tight buddy I'm at the 200th day not sure how long this wait would be.....

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
Hi Guys,

So i finally spoke to the agent a couple of times and each time they said they will add a note on to my application. They said they do not see any update on my application since it was approved back in Jun 2020. But when they add a note, it notifies the office to take an action. 2 days ago I got an email directly from the Edmonton office. It states:

Good day,
In response to your inquiry regarding your permanent residence card:

Our office is currently working to process your Permanent Resident Card. Due to COVID-19 our government office is currently working with limited staff and resources. If you had a previous appointment to pick up your card at our office we will contact you to rebook.

To avoid any delays please ensure that your address is current and up to date. Please go to our website and submit your request via web form.

If you require further assistance, please telephone the Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.canada.ca Please reference your application number and UCI.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Edmonton IRCC will not respond to any further inquiries regarding PR Card Processing.

Regards,
IRCC Edmonton

So it appears that they got to know that I have called and enquired about my application. Not sure if that helps my cause. Has anybody received such a response directly from the office?

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
Can you share the name of that FB group ?

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

So i finally spoke to the agent a couple of times and each time they said they will add a note on to my application. They said they do not see any update on my application since it was approved back in Jun 2020. But when they add a note, it notifies the office to take an action. 2 days ago I got an email directly from the Edmonton office. It states:

Good day,
In response to your inquiry regarding your permanent residence card:

Our office is currently working to process your Permanent Resident Card. Due to COVID-19 our government office is currently working with limited staff and resources. If you had a previous appointment to pick up your card at our office we will contact you to rebook.

To avoid any delays please ensure that your address is current and up to date. Please go to our website and submit your request via web form.

If you require further assistance, please telephone the Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.canada.ca Please reference your application number and UCI.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Edmonton IRCC will not respond to any further inquiries regarding PR Card Processing.

Regards,
IRCC Edmonton

So it appears that they got to know that I have called and enquired about my application. Not sure if that helps my cause. Has anybody received such a response directly from the office?
I got the similar reply when I emailed them directly on the email address from which I received my COPR.