+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR - Sending Documents from USA

kmshah

Mar 4, 2018
Hi Folks,

How do you send documents from USA to Canada for COPR along with a pre-paid return envelope?

I spoke to agents from UPS, FEDEX & USPS and they all told me that I cannot send a pre-paid return envelope with my documents.

How do you resolve this issue?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

Slight variation for the instructions above.
1. Open a free FEDEX account at their website.
2. The above link sends you to ship-manager lite which gives you Express shipping options for $50+. Change to ship manager advanced instead which will give FEDEX ground as an option, it only costs $20 and delivers in about the same time. It asks you for shipment type or something, I used 'repair and return' and in the contents description I added 'passport' as an item.

For sending the passport you can use USPS or Fedex or UPS or any other service.

kmshah

Mar 4, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

Slight variation for the instructions above.
1. Open a free FEDEX account at their website.
2. The above link sends you to ship-manager lite which gives you Express shipping options for $50+. Change to ship manager advanced instead which will give FEDEX ground as an option, it only costs $20 and delivers in about the same time. It asks you for shipment type or something, I used 'repair and return' and in the contents description I added 'passport' as an item.

For sending the passport you can use USPS or Fedex or UPS or any other service.

Thank you so much Lampbreaker! I will try this out today!

So just include these labels in the USPS package when I send my passport and everything else, correct?