+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR - Return Address

mierl

Jul 2, 2017
Hello,
I recently got the request for final documents to create my COPR. I'm not sure what to put for return address. I'm traveling right now and between addresses. I'm permanently away from Australia, the country where I should send my documents, but I'm not officially living at my new address (before Canada) in Japan. I sent my photos, documents, and passport copy to a friend in Australia who will send them on to the Canadian High Commission in a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope. Once the COPR is sent to him, he will forward it on to my address in Japan where I can pick it up. My question is, should I put the return address as his house (where the letter will be sent) or to my future address in Japan (where I'll be living, but where IRCC won't send the letter because it's not where the pre-paid return envelope can go to)? Does it matter which address I put, as long as the documents get to me?

Thanks!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Yes, it does matter which address you put. Some visa offices have restrictions on which country they can send documents to. You may have this stated in your PPR email. I am not quite sure about Australia and Japan though. Anyway, I believe that your your safest option is to use your friend's Australian address and he/she can forward the CoPR(s) to you upon receiving them. Good Luck!

mierl

Jul 2, 2017
Thanks for your advice. The Ready for Visa email doesn't say where they will send to, it also doesn't have my address listed. The reason why I put my friend's Australian address is because the pre-paid envelope only delivers within Australia. My concern is more that the CoPR will have an address listed in Australia where I have never resided, and this will cause problems later on.

mierl

Jul 2, 2017
Yes, it does matter which address you put. Some visa offices have restrictions on which country they can send documents to. You may have this stated in your PPR email. I am not quite sure about Australia and Japan though. Anyway, I believe that your your safest option is to use your friend's Australian address and he/she can forward the CoPR(s) to you upon receiving them. Good Luck!
Thanks so much for your advice, it helps to calm some fears. My main concern is more that the CoPR will have an address listed in Australia where I have never resided, and this will cause problems later on. Do you think this is the case?

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Thanks so much for your advice, it helps to calm some fears. My main concern is more that the CoPR will have an address listed in Australia where I have never resided, and this will cause problems later on. Do you think this is the case?
You won't face any problem. I shifted my address after submitting my application and I sent my mailing address as the new address (which was no where mentioned in my application). I was worried a bit but it was fine. They sent it back to the new address. I think you should be fine too.
PS: My visa office was London.