+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR reissued due to COVID, wife is pregnant

Ukraine2020

Apr 1, 2020
Hi guys!
Long story short, my wife and I received CoPR extension after raising four ready-to-travel forms (first in July, last at the end of September). We got passport request letter on Oct 5 and sent in our passports on around mid Oct. We got our passports back with new immigrant visas and CoPRs at the beginning of November, valid until April 2021. While all this hassle with sending ready to travel forms and submitting our passports was going on, my wife got to her 7th month of pregnancy. It wouldn't be a big deal for her to travel at the 7th month of pregnancy, I guess, if it wasn't for the second wave and the new lockdown Ontario now has in place. The original plan (when we sent out the very first ready-to-travel-form) was to hopefully get new CoPRs by Sep and land in Canada in Oct, while my wife was still at her 5th month, and deliver the baby in Canada. At this point, with all the lockdowns and virus raging again it is too risky for my wife to land. The due date is in mid March 2021. My wife's new CoPR expires on April 20, 2021. I have sent a new web form to CIC informing them of the situation (7 month pregnancy) and asked CIC to extend my wife's CoPR only. I decided to land alone before my current CoPR expiry date. I am really hoping CIC will understand this situation and grant my wife another extension, so she can deliver at our home country, arrange paperwork for our newborn child and join me in Canada as a PR. Guys, please share your thoughts on this situation.

janak_j

Aug 30, 2021
Hello, Hope you are doing well and safe.

Could you let me know what did you eventually do? I am in similar situation as well.