+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR/Record of Landing for test/interview?

hissae2

Apr 23, 2018
Do I need my COPR/Record of Landing for the interview/test? I see it is listed on the website here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/identity-documents-applicants-must-provide-interviews-hearings-tests.html

however, the test invite I got only lists ID, PR card, and original documents I submitted with my application: http://prntscr.com/jdioll

I did not include my COPR/Record of Landing for the application itself, and I'm not sure where it is. The test is on Saturday and I just saw COPR/Record of Landing listed on the above webpage.

So do I need my COPR/Record of Landing or not? And what to do if I need it and don't have it?

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
Do I need my COPR/Record of Landing for the interview/test? I see it is listed on the website here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/identity-documents-applicants-must-provide-interviews-hearings-tests.html

however, the test invite I got only lists ID, PR card, and original documents I submitted with my application: http://prntscr.com/jdioll

I did not include my COPR/Record of Landing for the application itself, and I'm not sure where it is. The test is on Saturday and I just saw COPR/Record of Landing listed on the above webpage.

So do I need my COPR/Record of Landing or not? And what to do if I need it and don't have it?
Hi, I took the knowledge test without presenting the record of landing. I don't ever remember they asked me for the record of landing, instead I showed them my PR card.

Cheers

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Yes, you do. The requirements have recently changed.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
They might have changed in the last two weeks because I took the test on June 14, 2018 and I was not asked to show my COPR/Record of landing.
I was asked to provide my COPR, which they copied. Everyone at the test on May 31st in Kitchener had to provide them. If they were not available, the applicant was asked to fetch them and bring them to the test center later that day. Did you supply a copy of your COPR with the application?

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
I was asked to provide my COPR, which they copied. Everyone at the test on May 31st in Kitchener had to provide them. If they were not available, the applicant was asked to fetch them and bring them to the test center later that day. Did you supply a copy of your COPR with the application?
That is very interesting. I guess there is something else that I am not aware of; but obviously your experience and mine were completely different.

I checked my notice to appear to take the citizenship test and the required documents don't include the COPR/Landing Record. Instead, they asked to provide all the originals submitted in my citizenship application but if you check the citizenship checklist (link here) you can corroborate that the COPR/Record of landing is not a requirement.

Now, let me be clear; this is just my personal experience. I can also tell you that after passing the test I received the letter of invite to attend the citizenship oath ceremony and in that case they asked me to provide my COPR/Record of Landing

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That is very interesting. I guess there is something else that I am not aware of; but obviously your experience and mine were completely different.

I checked my notice to appear to take the citizenship test and the required documents don't include the COPR/Landing Record. Instead, they asked to provide all the originals submitted in my citizenship application but if you check the citizenship checklist (link here) you can corroborate that the COPR/Record of landing is not a requirement.

Now, let me be clear; this is just my personal experience. I can also tell you that after passing the test I received the letter of invite to attend the citizenship oath ceremony and in that case they asked me to provide my COPR/Record of Landing
Yes, they did say that the checklist is incorrect and incomplete. It *should* include the COPR apparently. Obviously, Kitchener are enforcing this.. I assume that the checklist will be updated at some point.

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
Yes, they did say that the checklist is incorrect and incomplete. It *should* include the COPR apparently. Obviously, Kitchener are enforcing this.. I assume that the checklist will be updated at some point.
That seems totally unfair. You can easily challenge that. In my opinion none immigration officer can redefine the legal requirements to apply for citizenship and/or take the test.

There is a totally different case which is the "Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Evidence". It is literally an audit, and in that case they can ask you to provide whatever they consider necessary to prove you fulfill the requirements to become Canadian.

I still think that COPR is not a mandatory requirement to take the citizenship test; but again that is simply my opinion.

Cheers

hissae2

Apr 23, 2018
I did not need the record of landing or copr for my test/interview in scarborough. All they looked at was my PR card.

Hoping I don't need it for the ceremony, because I still don't have it.

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
I did not need the record of landing or copr for my test/interview in scarborough. All they looked at was my PR card.

Hoping I don't need it for the ceremony, because I still don't have it.
You will be asked to provide it for the citizenship. Take a look at the official video of the Canadian Citizenship Ceremony (2'22'') where they show a template of the letter of invite which includes the CoPR as a requisite.

hissae2

Apr 23, 2018
You will be asked to provide it for the citizenship. Take a look at the official video of the Canadian Citizenship Ceremony (2'22'') where they show a template of the letter of invite which includes the CoPR as a requisite.
Just because it's on the list doesn't mean they will ask for it. During the test/interview they asked for literally nothing except for my PR card.

I don't have it so I'm not sure what they expect me to do.

Reactions: Micah008

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Just because it's on the list doesn't mean they will ask for it. During the test/interview they asked for literally nothing except for my PR card.

I don't have it so I'm not sure what they expect me to do.
You can submit an application to get a replacement document.