+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR recieved! Questions

Dec 7, 2019
Hi there,

My application was due for completion on Feb. 16th, but it actually got approved officially on Feb. 8th., much to my internal glee.

My situation is this.. as some may remember, I recently decided to visit Canada for a longer period of time (3 months), knowing my PR could be approved while in Canada. Now, I have every intention of returning to the US for my belongings, as they're in storage, but I'd very much like to get the ball rolling and get my CoPR signed, so that I can apply for a SIN and start applying for jobs ASAP. As far as residence goes, I am staying with my partner at her apartment.

My question: Having received my CoPR while currently being a visitor in Canada, can I simply make an appointment to land with my nearest IRCC office? Or, do I need to drive to a land port of entry to officially do my landing?

Note: Ultimately, either way is okay with me, it would just be nice to not have to drive all the way to Niagara.

I did brings some of my goods with me already, including my car.. which I know I need to eventually import, but it was mostly clothes and a laptop. Everything else is in storage.

I also realize I also need my proof of funds, list of belongings/goods to follow forms.

Any thoughts would be helpful. :) Thanks so much.

Good luck to everyone this year.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I don't know if you will get an option to schedule landing appointment inland since you are in visitor status. Most likely your PPR email will just ask you to send passport/copy and then you will have to flagpole to complete landing.