+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR received recently, when do I get my PR card?

preetkamal110

Jan 27, 2021
Hi,
Is anyone whose visa office is in Edmonton and has received his/her pr card? It's been over 5months now and my pr card has not arrived.
Did you get your PR Card?
I sent my photos and CoPR in end of July 2020 to Edmonton office and still waiting for PR Card. There is no update since then.

Thanks!

preetkamal110

Jan 27, 2021
My timeline:
- e-APR AOR, Dec 4
- Medical Approved Dec 20
- Application approved, and received an electronic CoPR May 27

The letter I received, asks that I send a photo along with the letter to IRCC office in Edmonton so they issue a card. Apparently, no need for landing, or flag pole. Has anyone else had the same experience? I sent the documents today, anyone has any estimation of how long does it take them to send me my card?

Letter is attached below for reference

Date: May 27, 2020
UCI: XXX...
CoPR Document #: XXX...

Name
Address

Dear NAME, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card. This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period. We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased. If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information. The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number. Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hello,
Any update on your PR Card. I also applied for it and sent my application to Edmonton office in July 2020 and still waiting for PR Card. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Any one sent photos to Quebec office ? how long it takes to get PR card from the submission of photos?

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I saw ghost update on my application for PR card linked to my CIC account.

navdeep300

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi, I sent my photos to Ottawa office today. Is there anyone who already got the PR card and how long it takes these days from Ottawa?

Sandeep.handa84

Mar 26, 2019
We verified the information on file and are pleased to inform you that your Permanent Resident card (PR card) was sent on this address.
I got this email from cic. Can somebody tell me how many days it takes after this. Because I wanna book flight ticket.

Sg10

Dec 5, 2020
So if you receive letter that says to send photos that means it’s the last step right? No need to have landing interview to get signed copr? And also do the time period start from the date on the letter?

Abhimanyu97

Jul 14, 2020
Hi , I have received my COPR recently but there is no instructions on how to get the PR card . Will they sent it to my mail address? please let me know.

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
In my CoPR letter it is mentioned that I need to send the letter and one photo to get the PR card. In this site it looks like a huge application with fee and other documents. Which one is the way to go?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html
Go with what you received of course
the website you mentioned for renewal and replacement

Reactions: noc_2174