+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR received recently, when do I get my PR card?

Sep 1, 2020
Probably this will help others. So I got DM on November 10, approved on November 16 and same day got my COPR for myself and dependants in my CIC account. I sent our photos and they received them on November 24. All my dependants got their PR cards on December 15, I got mine on December 29, because they asked for another photo as there was a problem with the first photo I submitted
Hi, that’s amazing. Congratulations . I wanted to ask if you got any Application number etc for PR card application or there was no communication from IRCC after you sent your photos?

@Rp

Dec 7, 2020
Probably this will help others. So I got DM on November 10, approved on November 16 and same day got my COPR for myself and dependants in my CIC account. I sent our photos and they received them on November 24. All my dependants got their PR cards on December 15, I got mine on December 29, because they asked for another photo as there was a problem with the first photo I submitted
Can you share you VO please?

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, that’s amazing. Congratulations . I wanted to ask if you got any Application number etc for PR card application or there was no communication from IRCC after you sent your photos?
I linked the PR Card application in my MyCiC account so i had an application number. The only Communication was that my photo wasnt
up to standard and they requested a new one just for me. They actually asked me to send it through an email. So i sent it on a sunday night, and the following day which was on monday they approved and sent it out. Hope this helps

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi Folks, Need your advice.. Im an inland CEC applicant. Anytime by now i may receive my COPR. Unfortunately my wife went to India for an emergency.
What If i get COPR by now? as im in canada can i submit the COPR letters and our photos online and get PR card for both of us? or i need to bring my wife back to Canada (in her Visitor Permit) to get her PR card?

jagdeep22

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Hi Folks, Need your advice.. Im an inland CEC applicant. Anytime by now i may receive my COPR. Unfortunately my wife went to India for an emergency.
What If i get COPR by now? as im in canada can i submit the COPR letters and our photos online and get PR card for both of us? or i need to bring my wife back to Canada (in her Visitor Permit) to get her PR card?
Lately, they are landing via portal and as long as you can submit photos online, you should be okay. But they can verify if person not in Canada, they can advise something else. On the other side, if you are in Canada and gets COPR, your wife can travel back as long as she has visitor visa as your status will be PR.

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Lately, they are landing via portal and as long as you can submit photos online, you should be okay. But they can verify if person not in Canada, they can advise something else. On the other side, if you are in Canada and gets COPR, your wife can travel back as long as she has visitor visa as your status will be PR.
Thanks Much Jagdeep, one final question. How soon i should apply for PR card once i get COPR.. Meaning how long COPR will be valid.

jagdeep22

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Thanks Much Jagdeep, one final question. How soon i should apply for PR card once i get COPR.. Meaning how long COPR will be valid.
COPR is valid for 1 year, but you should apply for PR card as soon as you get your COPR. PR card is required when you need to travel. Other things like SIN and health card can be renewed through COPR only.

kdeep2021

Jan 22, 2021
Hi There,
my case is exactly same.. Can you please tell me what was the procedure to get PR for your spouse?

NDNgo

Jan 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Sent my photos on December 05 and the card is still in production.
do they give out any confirmation email when they have received the photo? my Canada Post tracking said it is delivered but not sure if it reaches the office or not.
I also applied for SIN online. No confirmation email either. Do they send you any message on your SIN application?

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
do they give out any confirmation email when they have received the photo? my Canada Post tracking said it is delivered but not sure if it reaches the office or not.
I also applied for SIN online. No confirmation email either. Do they send you any message on your SIN application?
They don't, but you can link your application to cic account and you can check status there. As for SIN, they will send you the new SIN number in mail.

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Has any one sent photos to Quebec IRCC after receiving COPR ? Any idea how long will it take for them to issue PR card?