+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR received recently, when do I get my PR card?

mesius

Jul 19, 2017
My timeline:
- e-APR AOR, Dec 4
- Medical Approved Dec 20
- Application approved, and received an electronic CoPR May 27

The letter I received, asks that I send a photo along with the letter to IRCC office in Edmonton so they issue a card. Apparently, no need for landing, or flag pole. Has anyone else had the same experience? I sent the documents today, anyone has any estimation of how long does it take them to send me my card?

Letter is attached below for reference

Date: May 27, 2020
UCI: XXX...
CoPR Document #: XXX...

Name
Address

Dear NAME, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card. This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period. We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased. If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information. The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number. Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: MS2017 and asif8782

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
My timeline:
- e-APR AOR, Dec 4

The letter I received, asks that I send a photo along with the letter to IRCC office in Edmonton so they issue a card. Apparently, no need for landing, or flag pole. Has anyone else had the same experience? I sent the documents today, anyone has any estimation of how long does it take them to send me my card?

Name
Address

Dear NAME, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card. This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period. We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased. If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information. The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number. Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hi Mesisus,

I too received COPR with similar instructions today. Did you also receive a hard copy of COPR to your residence? Did you send photos and COPR (printed COPR received via email)? Did you send two photos one with UCI# and another with Photo Studio address and date?

Martin 87

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
A friend of mine received it too
Should he send a copy of his passport? I know it's not mentioned but what do you think?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
My timeline:
- e-APR AOR, Dec 4

Name
Address

Prepare to wait for several months... 4-5 I would say at least... in normal circumstances it would be 3-4 weeks

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi Mesisus,

I too received COPR with similar instructions today. Did you also receive a hard copy of COPR to your residence? Did you send photos and COPR (printed COPR received via email)? Did you send two photos one with UCI# and another with Photo Studio address and date?
I only mailed 1 photo as that is all the letter asks for - with your name,dob, uci + studio address and date stamp on the back.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
I only mailed 1 photo as that is all the letter asks for - with your name,dob, uci + studio address and date stamp on the back.
If you scroll down the COPR document its mentioned 2 Photos one with photo studio address and one with UCI number

di you also send your COPR Document along with photo ?

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
If you scroll down the COPR document its mentioned 2 Photos one with photo studio address and one with UCI number

di you also send your COPR Document along with photo ?
Oh i just checked again and my letter only specifies I send ONE photo. It could be different to yours slightly?
Yeah I printed the letter and sent it with the photo. Apparently will take 3 months+.
I'm currently waiting for the new SIN to arrive - hopefully comes soon!

Reactions: dgeorge

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Oh i just checked again and my letter only specifies I send ONE photo. It could be different to yours slightly?
Yeah I printed the letter and sent it with the photo. Apparently will take 3 months+.
I'm currently waiting for the new SIN to arrive - hopefully comes soon!
hey rjoy, after your got your ita and send your application in how long did you receive your coPR?

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
hey rjoy, after your got your ita and send your application in how long did you receive your coPR?
I got the ITA on november 27th, then i submitted my completed application/AOR on December 23rd, then finally received COPR on June 3rd (so took 5 months and 1 week) via CEC inland.

Reactions: dgeorge

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi Joy, did you apply your sin online, if yes, what option did you select for Application Type (first filed) like "My First SIN" or "Change Status" or "Update or Correction to SIN record" or "Others", please clarify?

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi Joy, did you apply your sin online, if yes, what option did you select for Application Type (first filed) like "My First SIN" or "Change Status" or "Update or Correction to SIN record" or "Others", please clarify?
Yes online as Service Canada aren't open, I selected 'change status' (to permanent resident)

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Yes online as Service Canada aren't open, I selected 'change status' (to permanent resident)
Did you get the updated SIN? How long did it take? Please let me know.

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Hi Mesisus,

Did anyone receive the PR card? How long did it take? Please let me know as I need it to start my spouse PR processing.

Sai Santhosh

Jan 5, 2020
Hi, I received similar COPR letter on June 11 2020(CEC Inland) when I was in Canada.Immediately, I applied PR card as well. But, due to a personal emergency I came back to my home country. So, I don't have PR card in my hand to come back to Canada.

To come back Canada, is there any expiry date of COPR letter? What are the docs required to return ?

Reactions: Mpmp