App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a COPR and PRV and inform us, by submitting a Web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956.
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by copy-pasting information from IRCC's website. IRCC has made it very clear that they will re-open the applications of applicants whose COPR has expired due to not being able to travel. As for those who have COPR issued after March 18, they are still not allowed to come to Canada. I am still not sure whether you have a COPR or a document which states you are a permanent resident. If it's the latter, you need a PRTD to travel to Canada.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by copy-pasting information from IRCC's website. IRCC has made it very clear that they will re-open the applications of applicants whose COPR has expired due to not being able to travel. As for those who have COPR issued after March 18, they are still not allowed to come to Canada. I am still not sure whether you have a COPR or a document which states you are a permanent resident. If it's the latter, you need a PRTD to travel to Canada.
Hi IndianStudent96,

thanks for your replies

i received a mail with a document attached to it (which states i am a PR with a COPR document number and it validity ending on 2-jan-2021)
my aplication status shows completed ( final decision on 12 JUN 2020)

They asked me to send 1 photo(UCI number on Back) along with COPR document to apply for PR card

so is it a COPR or COPR document

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi IndianStudent96,

thanks for your replies

i received a mail with a document attached to it (which states i am a PR with a COPR document number and it validity ending on 2-jan-2021)
my aplication status shows completed ( final decision on 12 JUN 2020)

They asked me to send 1 photo(UCI number on Back) along with COPR document to apply for PR card

so is it a COPR or COPR document
If it states you are a permanent resident, you are a permanent resident. Inland applicants have been getting different versions of this document. It is hard for me to say if it's a COPR or some other document without seeing it. Anyways, this document is obviously meant to help you apply for a permanent SIN number and other government services. COPR holders on the other hand are not permanent residents of Canada. You can not use this document for travel. You will need to get a PRTD as you are outside Canada. You will need to send a photo for your PR card once you return to Canada.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
If it states you are a permanent resident, you are a permanent resident. Inland applicants have been getting different versions of this document. It is hard for me to say if it's a COPR or some other document without seeing it. Anyways, this document is obviously meant to help you apply for a permanent SIN number and other government services. COPR holders on the other hand are not permanent residents of Canada. You can not use this document for travel. You will need to get a PRTD as you are outside Canada. You will need to send a photo for your PR card once you return to Canada.
yes its mentioned i can apply for SIN and one other thing when i scroll down COPR Document it asks for 2 photos one with PHOTOSTUDIOADDRESS and other with UCI number, i am confused ?

( so after returning canada only i should send photo with COPR document, its better right)

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
yes its mentioned i can apply for SIN and one other thing when i scroll down COPR Document it asks for 2 photos one with PHOTOSTUDIOADDRESS and other with UCI number, i am confused ?

( so after returning canada only i should send photo with COPR document, its better right)
Yes, you need to have the photos stamped by the photographer and you have to write your UCI number when you send your photographs. You have to send these photos once you are in Canada.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Yes, you need to have the photos stamped by the photographer and you have to write your UCI number when you send your photographs. You have to send these photos once you are in Canada.
(this document have expiry do COPR have expiry date ?)
(Its mentioned as COPR Document Number (COPR Document# xxxxxxxxxxx )NOT COPR , is it clue that it is a document and not COPR?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
(this document have expiry do COPR have expiry date ?)
(Its mentioned as COPR Document Number (COPR Document# xxxxxxxxxxx )NOT COPR , is it clue that it is a document and not COPR?
COPR documents have an expiry date. They usually expire one year from the date of your upfront medical exam. Again, I can't say if it's a COPR or not without looking at it. Local visa officers are doing this procedure differently, some are sending COPR to inland candidates and asking them to send back 2 photos while others are sending a letter which states 'Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident' and asks applicants to send 2 pictures along with that letter. In my opinion, you should not be too worried about the document, you still need a PRTD to travel to Canada. I do not think the travel restrictions apply to you as you are a permanent resident now.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
COPR documents have an expiry date. They usually expire one year from the date of your upfront medical exam. Again, I can't say if it's a COPR or not without looking at it. Local visa officers are doing this procedure differently, some are sending COPR to inland candidates and asking them to send back 2 photos while others are sending a letter which states 'Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident' and asks applicants to send 2 pictures along with that letter. In my opinion, you should not be too worried about the document, you still need a PRTD to travel to Canada. I do not think the travel restrictions apply to you as you are a permanent resident now.
i think mine is second scenario , they asked me to send COPR document also, anyway thanks for painstaking effort to help me

i will contact Vacs to get PRTD, Thanks

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
i think mine is second scenario , they asked me to send COPR document also, anyway thanks for painstaking effort to help me

i will contact Vacs to get PRTD, Thanks
No problem at all. I am happy to help. I think PRTDs are emailed if the VACs close to you are closed. I wish you good luck!

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi, Did anyone apply for SIN online, if yes, could you please clarify my query

https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/

what option did you select for Application Type (first field) like "My First SIN" or "Change Status" or "Update or Correction to SIN record" or "Others", please clarify?

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Venudatti,

I too received COPR today. Did you also receive a hard copy of COPR to your residence? Did you send photos and COPR (printed COPR received via email)? Did you send two photos one with UCI# and another with Photo Studio address and date?
Hi, I only received an email with COPR attached. I didn't receive any hard copy. Currently, I am not in Canada, so didn't send any photos yet

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi, Did anyone apply for SIN online, if yes, could you please clarify my query

https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/

what option did you select for Application Type (first field) like "My First SIN" or "Change Status" or "Update or Correction to SIN record" or "Others", please clarify?
I put change status. Thats the only one make sense, as you are going from temporary to permanent.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi, I only received an email with COPR attached. I didn't receive any hard copy. Currently, I am not in Canada, so didn't send any photos yet
Hi Vendutti, thanks for your reply

So its better to send photos when we are back in Canada right

and did you apply for PRTD ?

Last edited:

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
I put change status. Thats the only one make sense, as you are going from temporary to permanent.

Hi sharjeel, thanks for your reply

did you receive SIN in your homecountry (Pakistan) will it be a good idea to change address in CIC in this Covid time ?

Did you apply for PRTD or any other for going back to canada or COPR is enough?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi sharjeel, thanks for your reply

did you receive SIN in your homecountry (Pakistan) will it be a good idea to change address in CIC in this Covid time ?

Did you apply for PRTD or any other for going back to canada or COPR is enough?
I am in Canada. I applied for SIN couple days ago. No update yet. I will update this thread when I get it.