AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi, Did u receive the “Congratulation!! You are a Permanent Resident” email? If yes, then you are already having PR status without landing and so WP is invalid now.
You will not be allowed to board any flight using your WP.
I am also in exactly the same position and going to apply for PRTD.
May I know what PRTD is? I too received COPR mail and am stuck In India due to COVID. What are next steps, and what documents should I request to travel to Canada?

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
You might want to tell the airlines that you are returning to Canada as a foreign worker when you board the plane. This is because they are instructed to not allow any COPR holders who got their applications approved after March 18. I hope this makes sense.
Hi, I too received COPR via email and I too have a valid Work Permit till 2021. I went back to India on a vacation and stuck there due to COVID. My question is should I also apply for eTA (electronic Travel Authorization) of should I tell that I am foreign worker travelling back to Canada for work and then show my COPR after landing?

Var33

Jun 4, 2020
May I know what PRTD is? I too received COPR mail and am stuck In India due to COVID. What are next steps, and what documents should I request to travel to Canada?
PRTD is PR Travel Documents. It is mentioned it the COPR email.
“If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada.”

Since visa offices are closed , it is being done through email.
Here is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

Var33

Jun 4, 2020
Hi, I too received COPR via email and I too have a valid Work Permit till 2021. I went back to India on a vacation and stuck there due to COVID. My question is should I also apply for eTA (electronic Travel Authorization) of should I tell that I am foreign worker travelling back to Canada for work and then show my COPR after landing?
WP gets invalid after getting PR status.

Var33

Jun 4, 2020
I too have WP till August 2021 and stuck in India. But after becoming PR ,PRTD is my only option.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi, Did u receive the “Congratulation!! You are a Permanent Resident” email? If yes, then you are already having PR status without landing and so WP is invalid now.
You will not be allowed to board any flight using your WP.
I am also in exactly the same position and going to apply for PRTD.
You need PRTD if your PR card is expired. That letter has 1 year validity, why can't you travel based on that later. There is no COPR formalities or inland applicants anymore. I would call CIC and confirm, but I am sure you can travel if you are Permanent resident of Canada.

Var33

Jun 4, 2020
You need PRTD if your PR card is expired. That letter has 1 year validity, why can't you travel based on that later. There is no COPR formalities or inland applicants anymore. I would call CIC and confirm, but I am sure you can travel if you are Permanent resident of Canada.
I don’t have a PR card and I have already obtained PR status without the landing formalities since I am an inland applicant ( no PPR mail).I have already called them and also raised webform explaining my whole situation. I just got a one liner reply that you have obtained PR status.
So for a PR to travel without PR card, PRTD needs to be applied as mentioned in the letter I received.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
The easiest way to find the validity of your work visa counterfoil is to check the status of it on your IRCC account. If you have already linked your work permit/study permit application to your account, it's just a matter of seconds. If it's valid, you can board the flight to Canada as foreign workers are exempted from the travel restrictions if their application was approved on or before March 18. Though your permanent residence application is approved, I doubt your previous visas have been cancelled yet. I do not think there is any way for your airlines to confirm whether or not you are a permanent resident without a PR card, that's why you tell them you are returning to Canada as a foreign worker. Once you land in Canada, CBSA will not deny you entry as it is your right to enter Canada as a permanent resident. Obviously, the only entity preventing you from going to Canada is the airline. If you want to be on the safer side, apply for a PRTD in your home country. I heard they are being emailed as most VACs are still closed.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
PRTD or eTA or no need of anything its confusing, i am stuck in india so i am not able to call CIC to confirm any of that, are their any (May COPR) people who can confirm what to do

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
You might want to tell the airlines that you are returning to Canada as a foreign worker when you board the plane. This is because they are instructed to not allow any COPR holders who got their applications approved after March 18. I hope this makes sense.
Hi Where did CIC mention that i wont allow COPR's received atter Mar 18.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
PRTD is PR Travel Documents. It is mentioned it the COPR email.
“If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada.”

Since visa offices are closed , it is being done through email.
Here is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada
Thank you

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence
I don't see how this applies to you. If you received an email that said "Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada," you are a permanent resident of Canada and require a PR card or PRTD to board a plane. As a permanent resident, you have the right to enter Canada, it's just your carrier who will deny you boarding if you can't prove your PR status. Your COPR is not a travel document, thus it won't prove your PR status to the airlines. Alternatively, if your work permit and TRV are still valid and they were approved before March 18, you can board the plane showing them that, once you land in Canada, you can show the CBSA officers the COPR or the document you received in your email. If you want to be on the safer side, apply for a PRTD and have it with you when you board the plane.

Edit: I saw your earlier posts and I can definitely tell you that you need a TRV or a PR card or a PRTD to board the plane to Canada. Indians can't apply for ETA and ETA is just for temporary residents.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
I don't see how this applies to you. If you received an email that said "Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada," you are a permanent resident of Canada and require a PR card or PRTD to board a plane. As a permanent resident, you have the right to enter Canada, it's just your carrier who will deny you boarding if you can't prove your PR status. Your COPR is not a travel document, thus it won't prove your PR status to the airlines. Alternatively, if your work permit and TRV are still valid and they were approved before March 18, you can board the plane showing them that, once you land in Canada, you can show the CBSA officers the COPR or the document you received in your email. If you want to be on the safer side, apply for a PRTD and have it with you when you board the plane.

Edit: I saw your earlier posts and I can definitely tell you that you need a TRV or a PR card or a PRTD to board the plane to Canada. Indians can't apply for ETA and ETA is just for temporary residents.
Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a COPR and PRV and inform us, by submitting a Web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956.