venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Here is a summary of my application:

ITA - 27 Nov 2019
AOR - 16 Jan 2020
Medicals passed - 31 Jan 2020
Biometrics submitted - 06 Feb 2020
COPR - 01 Jun 2020 valid until 16 Dec 2020

Although my application is an inland application, I made a personal visit to my home country and could not travel back due to this pandemic situation. I still have a valid work permit and job to travel to Canada.
Do I still need an eTA to travel or can I just travel on my WP and show the COPR and finish all the formalities at the airport? Please advise

Thanking you all in advance.

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
Hi,
isn't your eTA still valid if your WP is valid?

I landed as PR at Toronto Pearson Airport last year on my way back to Canada after having a vacation in Korea.
I'd say that you are able to enter Canada with your valid WP and land at an airport to validate your PR. It wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: maulin_patel

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Did you get your COPR through email? If you are from one of the countries which require a visa or eTA to enter Canada, having a work permit or COPR will not allow you to board a plane. You could try applying for eTA as a work permit holder (as they are allowed to enter Canada) and once you land in Canada, you can show your COPR to become a permanent resident. If the officers don't process it (I highly doubt they won't), you can at least enter Canada as a temporary resident and validate it on a later date.

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Hi,
isn't your eTA still valid if your WP is valid?

I landed as PR at Toronto Pearson Airport last year on my way back to Canada after having a vacation in Korea.
I'd say that you are able to enter Canada with your valid WP and land at an airport to validate your PR. It wouldn't be a problem.
Thank you

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Did you get your COPR through email? If you are from one of the countries which require a visa or eTA to enter Canada, having a work permit or COPR will not allow you to board a plane. You could try applying for eTA as a work permit holder (as they are allowed to enter Canada) and once you land in Canada, you can show your COPR to become a permanent resident. If the officers don't process it (I highly doubt they won't), you can at least enter Canada as a temporary resident and validate it on a later date.
Thanks for your reply... Here are more details..... Yes. I received COPR through email. Yes, I am from a country that requires a visa or eTA. And, I had my visa (after my work permit was approved) also stamped on my passport and it's valid until November 2021. So, I guess, I can travel with my existing visa and show my COPR document at the landing airport. I hope this works? Please guide.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thanks for your reply... Here are more details..... Yes. I received COPR through email. Yes, I am from a country that requires a visa or eTA. And, I had my visa (after my work permit was approved) also stamped on my passport and it's valid until November 2021. So, I guess, I can travel with my existing visa and show my COPR document at the landing airport. I hope this works? Please guide.
You might want to tell the airlines that you are returning to Canada as a foreign worker when you board the plane. This is because they are instructed to not allow any COPR holders who got their applications approved after March 18. I hope this makes sense.

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
You might want to tell the airlines that you are returning to Canada as a foreign worker when you board the plane. This is because they are instructed to not allow any COPR holders who got their applications approved after March 18. I hope this makes sense.
Yep. Got it and makes sense. Thanks a ton :)

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017

ITA - 27 Nov 2019
AOR - 16 Jan 2020

Although my application is an inland application, I made a personal visit to my home country and could not travel back due to this pandemic situation. I still have a valid work permit and job to travel to Canada.
Do I still need an eTA to travel or can I just travel on my WP and show the COPR and finish all the formalities at the airport? Please advise

Congratulations. Can you please mention when did you get the PPR request. Were you able to transmit your passport for the stamping?

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Congratulations. Can you please mention when did you get the PPR request. Were you able to transmit your passport for the stamping?
Thank you. I didn't receive any PPR request. The visa stamping on my passport is for my work permit

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Thank you. I didn't receive any PPR request. The visa stamping on my passport is for my work permit
Just Curious. I am also on my Work permit in Canada Waiting for my PR. Just to check with you so there would not be any stamping request on passport for PR.

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Just Curious. I am also on my Work permit in Canada Waiting for my PR. Just to check with you so there would not be any stamping request on passport for PR.
I don't think so. For inland applications, I understand that CIC is sending the COPR document via email and that has instructions to send your photos to a specific address via Mail. That's it.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Waww, That's amazing so no more landing interviews, Flag polling stuff! Thank you . have nice day ahead :)

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT

ITA - 27 Nov 2019
AOR - 16 Jan 2020

Hi Venudatti,

I too received COPR today. Did you also receive a hard copy of COPR to your residence? Did you send photos and COPR (printed COPR received via email)? Did you send two photos one with UCI# and another with Photo Studio address and date?

Var33

Jun 4, 2020

ITA - 27 Nov 2019
AOR - 16 Jan 2020

Hi, Did u receive the “Congratulation!! You are a Permanent Resident” email? If yes, then you are already having PR status without landing and so WP is invalid now.
You will not be allowed to board any flight using your WP.
I am also in exactly the same position and going to apply for PRTD.