+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR received for only 1 month time to travel, need extension

sharma2020

May 15, 2020
Hello,
My wife in India has received her COPR but has only been given 1 month time to leave India to travel to Toronto, Canada. This is very little time as we were under the impression she would receive 3-6 months time to prepare to leave. Even my friend and sister in-law were given COPR validity for 6 months to leave a little earlier this year. She is not prepared to leave within a month and needs at least another 2 months, I was planning to go myself to India to pick her up and come together. Is there any way possible to extend the COPR for her as 1 month time is very little to fly out. Also with the war situation she was hoping to fly out closer to July. Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Schedule a soft landing and return to India after a day or two.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hello,
My wife in India has received her COPR but has only been given 1 month time to leave India to travel to Toronto, Canada. This is very little time as we were under the impression she would receive 3-6 months time to prepare to leave. Even my friend and sister in-law were given COPR validity for 6 months to leave a little earlier this year. She is not prepared to leave within a month and needs at least another 2 months, I was planning to go myself to India to pick her up and come together. Is there any way possible to extend the COPR for her as 1 month time is very little to fly out. Also with the war situation she was hoping to fly out closer to July. Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
When the wife got hers, they gave us just shy of 2 weeks to land. All depends on the date the medical expires in a lot of cases.

Reactions: YVR123