+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Received - Few Queries

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
I just received my CoPR stamped Passport and the CoPR document. I am planning to do my landing one week before the CoPR expiry and had a few questions:

1) I plan to do my soft landing via plane in Toronto, but my friend stays in Alberta. Will giving a different city address for the PR card be an issue?
2) I plan to do the soft landing with my parents who would be coming in on a visitor visa. Will that cause an issue at the border such as I am intentionally trying to settle in my parents?
3) I do not plan to settle in until 2023 (since I believe I have 3 years out of 5 to move to Canada). Do I still have to bring goods to follow? Can it be an estimate (since in 3 years I may have disposed some assets and bought new ones)? Does the goods to follow only allow goods that is in the list?
4) I plan to get my SIN but not my bank account (Heard it could cause tax issues). Is there anything else I should do when I soft land?

I will really appreciate your response. Tagging @legalfalcon just incase.

Reactions: techie12

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
I just received my CoPR stamped Passport and the CoPR document. I am planning to do my landing one week before the CoPR expiry and had a few questions:

1) I plan to do my soft landing via plane in Toronto, but my friend stays in Alberta. Will giving a different city address for the PR card be an issue?

Not sure- Depends as they will be asking you where you are staying

2) I plan to do the soft landing with my parents who would be coming in on a visitor visa. Will that cause an issue at the border such as I am intentionally trying to settle in my parents?
NO

3) I do not plan to settle in until 2023 (since I believe I have 3 years out of 5 to move to Canada). Do I still have to bring goods to follow? Can it be an estimate (since in 3 years I may have disposed some assets and bought new ones)? Does the goods to follow only allow goods that is in the list?
Yes you have to get a list of Goods to follow and get it stamped

4) I plan to get my SIN but not my bank account (Heard it could cause tax issues). Is there anything else I should do when I soft-land?
No

I will really appreciate your response. Tagging @legalfalcon just incase.

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you - appreciate the response.

For #3 - Can it be an approximate? As in, if I move 2-3 years after the goods to follow, could be different (I may have sold some things or bought new things).

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Thank you - appreciate the response.

For #3 - Can it be an approximate? As in, if I move 2-3 years after the goods to follow, could be different (I may have sold some things or bought new things).
Also, in same boat, looking for some clarity if signed GTF list can be updated/modified