+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR received, do I cancel the visitor record?

JingleBella

Dec 3, 2019
Ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
File Transfer...
13-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
Hi all,

My husband received his COPR today and is now a permanent resident. However, he had come into Canada last fall on a visitor visa. We applied for a visitor record (extension) so he could stay past the six month allowance which put him on “implied status”.

Now that his PR final, should I cancel the visitor extension application (which hasn’t been touched yet by immigration) or would this nullify the two months he stayed after his visitor visa technically expired?

Thanks!

JingleBella

Dec 3, 2019
Ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
File Transfer...
13-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
I'm in the same boat! Submitted a webform about this so can you let you know once I get a reply.
Yes, please let me know! Thank you so much!

vaidawall

Apr 13, 2021
Yes, please let me know! Thank you so much!
Reply from IRCC is below. I guess there is a chance that they might refund the fee!

Withdrawal of an application

If you wish to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, we invite you to fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website.

Please include the following information:

• Complete name: first, last and middle name(s) (if applicable),
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI), if you have one,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Country of birth,
  • Complete address (including the postal code),
    • if the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses,
  • Telephone number,
    • if you have more than one contact number, please provide them all,
  • Application type,
  • Date you sent your application,
  • (If applicable) Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • (If applicable) Office where the application was submitted (city, country),
  • (If applicable) Online application reference number,
  • A copy of the e-payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt form (IMM 5401),
  • The reason to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, and
The office will determine whether a withdrawal (or cancellation of a withdrawal request) of the application is possible, and issue a refund, if applicable.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

My husband received his COPR today and is now a permanent resident. However, he had come into Canada last fall on a visitor visa. We applied for a visitor record (extension) so he could stay past the six month allowance which put him on “implied status”.

Now that his PR final, should I cancel the visitor extension application (which hasn’t been touched yet by immigration) or would this nullify the two months he stayed after his visitor visa technically expired?

Thanks!
Yes you should send in a webform telling IRCC that your husband has landed as a PR and not to process the extension.