+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR received but child born in Canada not added to COPR

lpv

Jan 2, 2019
CoPR received but Canada New born baby details not added in to COPR however I have informed CIC about new born baby details via Web form before PPR issued.

I noticed that in landing instructions “As per the instructions accompanying COPR from CIC "Presenting Permanent Resident Visa(s) which do not correspond to the reality of your family situation could not only result in the refusal of your admission to Canada but may bar you from entering Canada for a period of 5 years."

Hence I am worrying that is there any issue with my landing as my child name is not listed in COPR dependent section. Do I need contact CIC to add my new born child name in to COPR before landing. any advise greatly appreciated

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Child born in canada is canadian.. he does not nead copr... u r immigrants child is born canadian

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
A Canadian child will of course need a Canadian passport to travel to / enter Canada so assume you have applied for same if outside of Canada.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
A Canadian child will of course need a Canadian passport to travel to / enter Canada so assume you have applied for same if outside of Canada.
Yup true

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
CoPR received but Canada New born baby details not added in to COPR however I have informed CIC about new born baby details via Web form before PPR issued.

I noticed that in landing instructions “As per the instructions accompanying COPR from CIC "Presenting Permanent Resident Visa(s) which do not correspond to the reality of your family situation could not only result in the refusal of your admission to Canada but may bar you from entering Canada for a period of 5 years."

Hence I am worrying that is there any issue with my landing as my child name is not listed in COPR dependent section. Do I need contact CIC to add my new born child name in to COPR before landing. any advise greatly appreciated
So I'm just trying to establish a timeline here: I'm assuming since you mention "landing" that you are not currently in Canada. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Event #1: You were in Canada after eAPR when your child was born in Canada (Before PPR)

Event #2: At some point you travelled back to your country of citizenship (along with the Canadian Born Child)

Event #3: You received your PPR and consequently your CoPR and that does not have the name of your child on it as a dependent.

When Event #1 happened according to Canadian Nationality Law your newborn baby should have automatically acquired Canadian Citizenship. There are only a few exceptions to this and I am assuming if you fell in any of those exceptions you'd already be aware of it.

So when Event #2 happened, did your child accompany you? If so he would have required a passport right? What nationality passport did you use for him/her if not a Canadian one?

lpv

Jan 2, 2019
So I'm just trying to establish a timeline here: I'm assuming since you mention "landing" that you are not currently in Canada. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Event #1: You were in Canada after eAPR when your child was born in Canada (Before PPR)

Event #2: At some point you travelled back to your country of citizenship (along with the Canadian Born Child)

Event #3: You received your PPR and consequently your CoPR and that does not have the name of your child on it as a dependent.

When Event #1 happened according to Canadian Nationality Law your newborn baby should have automatically acquired Canadian Citizenship. There are only a few exceptions to this and I am assuming if you fell in any of those exceptions you'd already be aware of it.

So when Event #2 happened, did your child accompany you? If so he would have required a passport right? What nationality passport did you use for him/her if not a Canadian one?
Thanks a lot guys all your response.

I'm in Event #3 situation like I received my PPR and CoPR but does not have the name of my child on it as a dependent list and hence I worried as mentioned in the instructions like all accompanying family member details should be mentioned in the COPR under dependent section.

I'm currently in Canada so I'm planning to go to Niagara Falls at Rainbow Bridge to complete the landing process.

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks a lot guys all your response.

I'm in Event #3 situation like I received my PPR and CoPR but does not have the name of my child on it as a dependent list and hence I worried as mentioned in the instructions like all accompanying family member details should be mentioned in the COPR under dependent section.

I'm currently in Canada so I'm planning to go to Niagara Falls at Rainbow Bridge to complete the landing process.
Hey this looks pretty straightforward. Your child is a Canadian citizen.

Maybe just to be safe take the following documents with you when you go to Rainbow bridge:

a. documentation proof from the hospital about the child's birth and
however I have informed CIC about new born baby details via Web form before PPR issued.
b. A printout of some kind of acknowledgement that you would have received when you did this.

As such, while the child is your dependent, he does not need a PR as he's a citizen of Canada.

And Congratulations!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Canadian dependents are never listed on the COPR.