Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
Hi All

I have put applied for my COPR at my local Canada Immgration Office in Trafalgar Square London. Does anyone know how long this process takes until i get the Letter.

Secondly when travelling to Canada for the first time, i understand the Canadian officer will allow you to enter Canada as a permanent resident (after checking and asking questions). On CICs website it says "The officer will also confirm your Canadian mailing address. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you at this address"

Can i give my UK address as i wont have a Canadian address setup on arrival at the airport?

Any help..... from applicants applying from UK and are at this stage would be appreciated..

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Hi All

I have put applied for my COPR at my local Canada Immgration Office in Trafalgar Square London. Does anyone know how long this process takes until i get the Letter.

Secondly when travelling to Canada for the first time, i understand the Canadian officer will allow you to enter Canada as a permanent resident (after checking and asking questions). On CICs website it says "The officer will also confirm your Canadian mailing address. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you at this address"

Can i give my UK address as i wont have a Canadian address setup on arrival at the airport?

Any help..... from applicants applying from UK and are at this stage would be appreciated..
I recently got approved my EE from London so my case might help you to measure your time frame.
I sent my passport copy on 7th Aug and got approved yesterday with a letter in my account that my CoPR has been issued. Return tracker (Royal Mail) hasn't been activated yet.

And they don't deliver the PR card to abroad so you should have some sort of the Canadian address.

Reactions: Pac_man

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
Thanks for the info - I sent mine on 31st July, signed for on 02 Aug 17 and have not heard anything? Strange.....

What if you dont have a canadian address upon landing though? Cos i would like to see the area, accomadation etc before renting?

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
I recently got approved my EE from London so my case might help you to measure your time frame.
I sent my passport copy on 7th Aug and got approved yesterday with a letter in my account that my CoPR has been issued. Return tracker (Royal Mail) hasn't been activated yet.

And they don't deliver the PR card to abroad so you should have some sort of the Canadian address.

Out of curiosity did you upload anything to your CIC account or post? Reason for asking i never had an option to upload to my CIC account. I just got a "ready for visa" email....

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Out of curiosity did you upload anything to your CIC account or post? Reason for asking i never had an option to upload to my CIC account. I just got a "ready for visa" email....
When I've got a "ready for visa" email, there was no option to upload anything in MyCIC account while they specifically asked me to upload a schedule A and passport copy. So I submitted my file through CSE, and included them in the envelope as well when I sent my photo to Canada House.

Reactions: Pac_man

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
When I've got a "ready for visa" email, there was no option to upload anything in MyCIC account while they specifically asked me to upload a schedule A and passport copy. So I submitted my file through CSE, and included them in the envelope as well when I sent my photo to Canada House.
Thanks - Damn - I have not done this? Can you advise how you done this? Steps/procedures? Did you submit just passport copy and Schedule A? Or did you upload photographs as well?? Where can i find the CSE link?

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Thanks - Damn - I have not done this? Can you advise how you done this? Steps/procedures? Did you submit just passport copy and Schedule A? Or did you upload photographs as well?? Where can i find the CSE link?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

This is the link I used. Click "Tell us more" button, and select "yes" on both questions, then you will see the list of the all visa offices. Scroll down to the bottom and select UK London. Then "Go to Web Form" button will show up.

They asked a copy of passport ID page, and schedule A(maybe schedule B? the last page of PPR page) only. They specifically asked me to send 2 photographs via mail.

Cheers!