+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Question

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
My wife is under going a family class sponsorship program to come to Canada.

We grew a bit tired of waiting for final results, so we brought plane tickets and she will be coming to Canada with "dual intend" to stay in Canada while waiting for the result come down.

We read some article about after receiving COPR, until she is approved, she cannot enter Canada. Is that true?
Our plane tickets is in September(in 2 months), and we are afraid it might happen before our plane ticket date.
If anyone has knowledge on this area please help us, since we already booked our tickets.
if this is the case, can she come to Canada with a visitor status?
thank you very much in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't say where your wife is from. Provided she has a valid TRV or eTA - she can come to Canada as a visitor.

She should ensure she has a return ticket - otherwise the airline may not let her board the plane to Canada.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
You don't say where your wife is from. Provided she has a valid TRV or eTA - she can come to Canada as a visitor.

She should ensure she has a return ticket - otherwise the airline may not let her board the plane to Canada.
She is from japan.
I spoke with cic, they said we need to clarify duel intend, (coming as a visitor having an application under process)

But we aren't sure about COPR matter, if it came down can she still enter Canada ?

Thank you for replying

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
She is from japan.
I spoke with cic, they said we need to clarify duel intend, (coming as a visitor having an application under process)

But we aren't sure about COPR matter, if it came down can she still enter Canada ?

Thank you for replying
COPR is received after the applicant's file has been approved. I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking. If she receives COPR, then she will be ready to land at a Canadian border and enter as a permanent resident. COPR would in no way prevent a person from entering--it's literally the whole reason you get COPR, in order to enter Canada and land.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
COPR is received after the applicant's file has been approved. I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking. If she receives COPR, then she will be ready to land at a Canadian border and enter as a permanent resident. COPR would in no way prevent a person from entering--it's literally the whole reason you get COPR, in order to enter Canada and land.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
We are still in the process of application. We are on waiting stage (medical is done)

An article said after reviewing background and finalizing the decision. There is a stage where we need to fill out the forms during that stage she cannot enter Canada unless she is COPR approved. Is there a such thing? I'm curious. :/

Thanks a lot for replying

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
We are still in the process of application. We are on waiting stage (medical is done)

An article said after reviewing background and finalizing the decision. There is a stage where we need to fill out the forms during that stage she cannot enter Canada unless she is COPR approved. Is there a such thing? I'm curious. :/

Thanks a lot for replying
There is no such thing. She can enter Canada as a visitor at any point during the process.