+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR question

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
My husband just recently received his passport and COPR with his marital status incorrect. He may need to request for a new one, he is still waiting for the Vienna embassy to get back to him. The question I have is will he need to submit a new police certificate in order for them to reprint his COPR if it expires in a few weeks?

Anyone??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband just recently received his passport and COPR with his marital status incorrect. He may need to request for a new one, he is still waiting for the Vienna embassy to get back to him. The question I have is will he need to submit a new police certificate in order for them to reprint his COPR if it expires in a few weeks?

Anyone??
He doesn't need a new COPR. He can just point out the mistake to CBSA when he lands.

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
He doesn't need a new COPR. He can just point out the mistake to CBSA when he lands.
He’s already emailed Vienna and is waiting for a reply. They will most likely say that they need to reissue his COPR, in that case is it still up to us or will we have to request a new one? I’m asking because we’ve made travel plans and if we need to request for a new one who knows how long it’ll take :-/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
He’s already emailed Vienna and is waiting for a reply. They will most likely say that they need to reissue his COPR, in that case is it still up to us or will we have to request a new one? I’m asking because we’ve made travel plans and if we need to request for a new one who knows how long it’ll take :-/
If they tell you to return it, then you don't really have a choice.

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
If they tell you to return it, then you don't really have a choice.
Perhaps we should have just ignored it instead of addressing it, I have a feeling it’s protocol for them to tell us to send it back and have it reissued. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Perhaps we should have just ignored it instead of addressing it, I have a feeling it’s protocol for them to tell us to send it back and have it reissued. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long.
Honestly, yes, you shouldn't have bothered contacting the VO, as it is a simple clerical mistake. They likely will tell you to return the document to be re-issued.

Reactions: KBH

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, yes, you shouldn't have bothered contacting the VO, as it is a simple clerical mistake. They likely will tell you to return the document to be re-issued.
Since you seem to know everything do you know if theyll ask for my husband to submit police certificates again in order to reissue his COPR? They expire early May and I don’t think Vienna will get back to us via email anytime soon. I’d rather him gather everything he needs now so that we’re prepared.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Since you seem to know everything do you know if theyll ask for my husband to submit police certificates again in order to reissue his COPR? They expire early May and I don’t think Vienna will get back to us via email anytime soon. I’d rather him gather everything he needs now so that we’re prepared.
Lol, I don't know everything.

No, they will not ask him for new PCCs.

Reactions: Jelvuk

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Lol, I don't know everything.

No, they will not ask him for new PCCs.
Ok they’ve replied! They’re asking to reissue the COPR and counterfoil and for my husband to send his passport, COPR and copy of the email they’ve sent him. They’re not asking for two photos but from what I’ve gathered on the forum they’re usually required? Should he send two photos anyways even though they haven’t asked for them?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Ok they’ve replied! They’re asking to reissue the COPR and counterfoil and for my husband to send his passport, COPR and copy of the email they’ve sent him. They’re not asking for two photos but from what I’ve gathered on the forum they’re usually required? Should he send two photos anyways even though they haven’t asked for them?
To be safe i would. Hopefully it doesnt take too long

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
To be safe i would. Hopefully it doesnt take too long
He’s going to go back to the VAC to send everything, he has to pay the fee again which sucks but at least we know the documents are secure. It only took 7 business days for his passport to be returned the first time so hopefully it’s not too long of a wait for the reissuing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They will just move the photo from the old COPR to the new COPR, so I wouldn't think they need new ones.

Reactions: Jelvuk

singledream

Jun 30, 2016
Hi I had the same problem. I think sometimes they don't change status even if you update them with new information latter in the process, it will still show original information when your husband summit the application. Did your husband originally summit as 'Single'?
I did not wait, I just send it back to Ottawa PPR apartment with everything. It has been a week now. Hope everything go smoothly.

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi I had the same problem. I think sometimes they don't change status even if you update them with new information latter in the process, it will still show original information when your husband summit the application. Did your husband originally summit as 'Single'?
I did not wait, I just send it back to Ottawa PPR apartment with everything. It has been a week now. Hope everything go smoothly.
Nope, he submitted it as my spouse.

singledream

Jun 30, 2016
After sending COPR back to Ottawa, this morning I checked the MYCIC account , it reverted back to processing without COPR information on the top column. Does anyone know about this?