+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR/ PR

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Dears I became Permanent residence almost two years ago. I did not get COPR, only a letter from Vancouver immigration Pr- photo office (sent to me through my cic account)and latter the PR card. Now I need the COPR for sth. How can i get it , i only have the Copr number on the paper i got from the pr- photo office. any advice?

Last edited:

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Dears I became Permanent residence almost two years ago. I did not get COPR, only a letter from Vancouver immigration Pr- photo office (sent to me through my cic account)and latter the PR card. Now I need the COPR for sth. How can i get it , i only have the Copr number on the paper i got from the pr- photo office. any advice?
hello :) my parents are in the same situation. They received a CoPR letter in 2021 that looks different than the one I got back in 2015. It says something like “This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.”

I feel like this is the official CoPR, did you figure it out? thank you!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
hello :) my parents are in the same situation. They received a CoPR letter in 2021 that looks different than the one I got back in 2015. It says something like “This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.”

I feel like this is the official CoPR, did you figure it out? thank you!
Did your parent received portal invitation and subsequent uploaded photos and address and receive PR Cards?