+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR potentially revoked!? Please help

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Yes, that's right.

Per the IRCC policy, those with COPRs issued after March 2020 are not allowed to travel to Canada right now to land due to COVID. As you've said, this is a very well known and public rule.

Agreed the OP cannot travel based on the COPR. The only hope is to try to travel on the work permit while it is still valid.

Yep...bigger problem is if OP loses the WP, than he need to quit his job because he lost his status...Obviously a company is not going to keep him if he does not have a working status under a WP and he's not PR yet because he couldn't do the landing and finalizing the process.

Reactions: scylla

kaggarwa

Dec 30, 2020
I believe it's based on the travel restrictions because of Covid?
I guess people who got their PR after 18 March 2020 are not allowed to travel to Canada (correct me if I'm wrong)...
So, even if he's CEC inland, he's outside the Country...and so you'll be treated as the same as FSW-outland people...I guess

Question would be, what happens with his status (assuming for example he's Workington a WP), once the PR is approved and the person is outside the country?
If the person keeps the WP, she can just go back to Canada, and after entering the country she could just finalize the process. Or maybe they would finalize the process at the port of entry (the airport itself).
but if PR is approved then how can I re-enter thee country (once travel restrictions are lifted) since my current visa will be expired?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Can I apply for resident travel document from outside Canada?
You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:
  • are a permanent resident,
  • do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
  • are outside Canada, and
  • will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I applied for PR last year (inland as CEC) but I left the country 2 weeks ago. I submitted the webform the same day letting them know that I am now outside the country. I received my COPR last week and in the letter, it was written that

"If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact
us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information:"

When I submitted the email at the given address then I received the following reply back
"As per subsection 71.1(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, all foreign nationals are required to be in Canada at the time of Permanent Resident status issuance. Based on the inquiry, you are currently outside of Canada.

As you were outside of Canada at the time of the virtual issuance of your PR status, you were erroneously granted PR status. This has been corrected and so your current status in Canada is Temporary Resident"

Is that an error? PLEASE HELP
You did the right thing by informing IRCC you were outside the country. When you sign into the PR Confirmation Portal, you are made to sign a declaration that you are presently in Canada and would be committing misrepresentation under subsection 16(1) if you stated otherwise.

The applicants that could get their COPR revoked are those that falsely claimed they were in Canada in order to receive ECOPR and get their PR card,which they then had couriered over to them.

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
You can return on your work permit as long as you are back in Canada by Feb 25th.

I don't understand your second question. There is no such thing as a permanent resident visa.
He also a needs PRTD to travel back.Work permit is not a travel document.If his TRV is still valid he may be able to travel before his current permit expires in Feb 24,2021.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He also a needs PRTD to travel back.Work permit is not a travel document.If his TRV is still valid he may be able to travel before his current permit expires in Feb 24,2021.
He doesn't qualify for a PRTD. He's not a PR yet.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If he has valid TRV that has not yet expired, I think he can still return before his work permit expires on February 24.
Yes, that's what I had said previously.