+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[COPR Post March 18 - Written authorization received] immediate family members of a temporary resident in Canada

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hi all, just some information for those who have got COPR post march 18 and applied for written authorization. Hopefully my experience could be helpful for those who are under similar circumstances.

Scenario: I am a PGWP holder, and my parents and I have got our COPRs (post march 18, expiring June 2021). I am in Canada while they are overseas. My parents have applied for a written authorization under the category of: unite with an immediate family member (temporary resident). After exactly 15 days, they have received a written authorization, valid for 3 months.

The authorization we've received starts as:

Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions
From: International Network – Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC)
Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in
Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country
other than the United States).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Email we sent include information regarding:

Travel Exemption Criteria: immediate family members of a temporary resident in Canada

Primary Applicant:

Date of Birth:

Passport:

UCI:

Application:

Visa Category: IM-1 Immigrant

Visa & COPR Expiry Date:

Current Country of Residence:

Anticipated Date of Travelling:

Quarantine Plan:

Attachments:

1. passports, Visa and COPR (of everyone involved, in this case mine and my parents')
2. proof of relationship (in my case, a birth certificate)
3. Proof of status of the person in Canada (in my case, my PGWP)
4. My Canadian driver's license (or anything with a name and a Canadian address)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind the email is: don't try to let them figure out why you should be exempted. Simply tell them which criteria applies to you the best.

Reactions: Nneoma.muna

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Do we need to get the printout of it ???
Theoretically, no, because once your request is approved, they will have your name recorded on a global travelling system. However, I would definitely recommand you print it out, as it would be easier for you to show it to the airline.

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Hi all, just some information for those who have got COPR post march 18 and applied for written authorization. Hopefully my experience could be helpful for those who are under similar circumstances.

Scenario: I am a PGWP holder, and my parents and I have got our COPRs (post march 18, expiring June 2021). I am in Canada while they are overseas. My parents have applied for a written authorization under the category of: unite with an immediate family member (temporary resident). After exactly 15 days, they have received a written authorization, valid for 3 months.

Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in
Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Travel Exemption Criteria: immediate family members of a temporary resident in Canada

Primary Applicant:

Date of Birth:

Passport:

UCI:

Application:

Visa & COPR Expiry Date:

Quarantine Plan:

Attachments:

1. passports, Visa and COPR (of everyone involved, in this case mine and my parents')
4. My Canadian driver's license (or anything with a name and a Canadian address)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind the email is: don't try to let them figure out why you should be exempted. Simply tell them which criteria applies to you the best.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. My spouse is about to travel under very similar paperwork. I'll update the forum in a week following her travel experience

Reactions: L0VEL1VER

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020

Good day,

Primary Applicant:

Date of Birth:

Passport:

UCI:

Application:

Visa & COPR Expiry Date:

Quarantine Plan:

Attachments:

Hi,
If a wife/kid travelling as an immediate family member of Permanent Resident,can the reunite in a same flat for next 14 days including him?
FYI,he has already completed 14 days of quarantine.
---
TIA

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hi,
If a wife/kid travelling as an immediate family member of Permanent Resident,can the reunite in a same flat for next 14 days including him?
FYI,he has already completed 14 days of quarantine.
---
TIA
Don't quote me on this but I believe it is acceptable. Check the website for unacceptable situations to see whether those apply to your situation.