+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR on Tracker and eCOPR?

mmafi

Jan 31, 2023
Hello everyone! I know it might be a stupid question but anyone know if the COPR on tracker is the same as the eCOPR?
I have only received portal 1 and a COPR is generated on the tracker. Is that the date from which days for citizenship start counting?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello everyone! I know it might be a stupid question but anyone know if the COPR on tracker is the same as the eCOPR?
I have only received portal 1 and a COPR is generated on the tracker. Is that the date from which days for citizenship start counting?
Nope. Your eCoPR is different. You only become a PR when you get your eCoPR. Your days for citizenship are counted differently since you are already there on a TRV. Browse the forum to learn whether your time in Canada will get counted or not.

mmafi

Jan 31, 2023
Nope. Your eCoPR is different. You only become a PR when you get your eCoPR. Your days for citizenship are counted differently since you are already there on a TRV. Browse the forum to learn whether your time in Canada will get counted or not.
Thanks for your reply, yeah I am aware that I already have one year counted from my time as a TR in Canada. Was just confused about the remaining period and whether it starts counting from eCOPR or COPR on tracker! So eCOPR is only issued once I get portal 2 and create an account? The COPR document on tracker basically means nothing, right?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for your reply, yeah I am aware that I already have one year counted from my time as a TR in Canada. Was just confused about the remaining period and whether it starts counting from eCOPR or COPR on tracker! So eCOPR is only issued once I get portal 2 and create an account? The COPR document on tracker basically means nothing, right?
CoPR number on tracker only helps in understanding if someone is approved. Nothing more, about eCoPR timelines, please browse the forum and see the timelines :)

Reactions: mmafi