+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR on the way-next step?

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
So my wife has been approved PR and the courier envelope that we sent them when they asked us for a copy of the passport and a couple of PR size photos is being sent back. I assume that the contents are the COPR. I'm wondering what the next step will be. My wife is currently already in the country and we are in no rush to "come into the country" by flagpolling at Niagara Falls. They mention that you can make an appointment at an IRCC office to do the landing. Does this need to be done before being able to go to Service Ontario to get the OHIP process started or can we go as soon as we've received the COPR? I don't mind waiting a month as long as we can get that process started. I'm guessing there's somewhere in Toronto that we could go to in order to do the landing process? Thanks for your help!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Unfortunately your wife will not be eligible to apply for OHIP until she actually lands as a PR. When she lands, her COPR will be signed and stamped. If she brings the COPR to Service Ontario before she lands they will not be able to do anything for you. So you need to wait until either after she flagpoles and lands, or after you have her landing appointment if you decide to schedule one. If you are in Toronto, the appointment will be in Etobicoke (the Service Canada location) and there will likely be a few weeks wait.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
So my wife has been approved PR and the courier envelope that we sent them when they asked us for a copy of the passport and a couple of PR size photos is being sent back. I assume that the contents are the COPR. I'm wondering what the next step will be. My wife is currently already in the country and we are in no rush to "come into the country" by flagpolling at Niagara Falls. They mention that you can make an appointment at an IRCC office to do the landing. Does this need to be done before being able to go to Service Ontario to get the OHIP process started or can we go as soon as we've received the COPR? I don't mind waiting a month as long as we can get that process started. I'm guessing there's somewhere in Toronto that we could go to in order to do the landing process? Thanks for your help!
Are you an Inland applicant?