+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR lost/misplaced before landing in canada...Urgent help!!

newbieimmg

Sep 11, 2015
We, my husband and myself, have booked our tickets to Canada for September 20th to do our first landing, but on checking the documents have realised that we have misplaced the COPR original document. But we do have the scanned copy with us. We have written multiple times to the UK office regarding this issue but no reply so far. Any suggestions on what should we do??? Cancel the tickets and wait till we hear from UK office?? Discuss the matter at POE and hope they will re-issue the document there?? Wuld really appreciate if someone should through some light on this issue. as we have just 1 week for departure. Thank-you.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
newbieimmg said:
We, my husband and myself, have booked our tickets to Canada for September 20th to do our first landing, but on checking the documents have realised that we have misplaced the COPR original document. But we do have the scanned copy with us. We have written multiple times to the UK office regarding this issue but no reply so far. Any suggestions on what should we do??? Cancel the tickets and wait till we hear from UK office?? Discuss the matter at POE and hope they will re-issue the document there?? Wuld really appreciate if someone should through some light on this issue. as we have just 1 week for departure. Thank-you.
Hi,

I wasn't aware of this so I googled - this is what I found - pls see if this helps :)

You apply for a VOS and pay the fee: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

May your problems be resolved soon.

newbieimmg

Sep 11, 2015
Hi,

Thankyou for the reply.but isn't that form for people who have already done the landing and have got their PR stamped and the COPR document stamped also? We are yet to do the first landing in Canada. Please correct me if Im wrong.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi newbieimmg,

you are right the VOS is only for people who are already landed and for the replacement of temporary documents.unfortunately your only solution is to find your original COPR without it you will not be able to complete your landing.

good luck.

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
newbieimmg said:
Well, Let me give you the honest opinion.

The first thing you should do after reading this post is:

1. Email to your Visa Office [on email address through which your Visa Office has done correspondence with you].

2. Mention 'URGENT | UCI | APPLICATION NO." in the Subject

3. Describe your situation to your Visa Office [Format of Cover Letter]. Please be precise

4. Attachments
a. Scanned Copy of the COPR (all the Family Members)
b. Passport Page on which they have put the Visa (all the Family Members)
c. Bio Pages of the Passport (all the Family Members)

5. Cancel your tickets as at this time you might get some refund.

6. Wait for the instructions from your Visa Officer.

There is nothing to be worried. What has done that has been done. Now Relax and Be Proactive in your approach.

Without COPR, Your cannot land as immigrant. This is for sure.

Hopefully CIC will issue you a new COPR but what will be the procedure, CIC will inform you through email address.

Good luck!

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
that is also for lost of immigration document.

if you say URGENT in subject of the email to LDNIMMIGRATION they will surely reply. I always get a reply within 2 - 3 days sometimes even same day

mahshidaryan

Dec 29, 2015
COPR lost before landing in canada, Urgent help please!

newbieimmg said:
I have the same problem right now. could you please tell me what append to you at the end? what was the procedure?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CBSA can access and print the COPR document at POE. Just take some new PR photos.

How do you lose such an important document? Did u not keep it with the passports?

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
canvis2006 said:
CBSA can access and print the COPR document at POE. Just take some new PR photos.
Is this how you did it? My PR has been approved recently and my COPR has been sent to my Canadian address. I'm currently on vacation though and would like to complete my landing at the airport upon my return to Canada next week.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
no i didn't need to do that, because i didn't lose mine.

But i read on the forum about another applicant who went through this, she actually didn't even receive the copr from visa office(error)

CanadaCECPR

Oct 26, 2014
canvis2006 said:
no i didn't need to do that, because i didn't lose mine.

But i read on the forum about another applicant who went through this, she actually didn't even receive the copr from visa office(error)
Thanks similar situation with my family they are right now in transit and they had lost the COPR. Please provide some more detail whether they can reprint the COPR at POE for missing COPR, also it would be helpful if you can share here the thread detail where you find this.

CanadaCECPR

Oct 26, 2014
CanadaCECPR said:
Thanks similar situation with my family they are right now in transit and they had lost the COPR. Please provide some more detail whether they can reprint the COPR at POE for missing COPR, also it would be helpful if you can share here the thread detail where you find this.
Hi All,

Just to update you on my family situation the immigration office at POE had re printed new COPR and family landed successfully

PBJ

Jun 26, 2015
Hi,
I have mis-placed my CoPR documents and my air bookings are for the 29 March (7 days). Just wanted to reconfirm that CoPR can be reprinted at port of entry and also does it require us to submit the desired photos for the document.

Thanks
PBJ

sultanshaiik

Jul 10, 2022
Hi All,

Just to update you on my family situation the immigration office at POE had re-printed the new COPR and the family landed successfully
I tried landing in Canada through the Detroit-Windsor tunnel and they refused me entry.
Can you give me more details about the process?

Kapsajan70

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi,

If anyone can help my MIL lost her CORP and she is about to land in 20 days, how she can get her CORP reissued Urgently.

Please advise.

Thanks