+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Lost in mail

DeeDenson

Aug 18, 2016
Hi Friends,

I have just gotten my GCMS file back for my husband who I am sponsoring and it shows that his COPR was sent back in April via regular mail. After waiting all this time thinking the application was still in process, the letter was lost in the mail, never received.

Does anyone know how we go about getting it re-issued? Who can I contact?

I imagine there is a time limit for landing, if the time has passed, does this affect anything?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DeeDenson said:
Hi Friends,

I have just gotten my GCMS file back for my husband who I am sponsoring and it shows that his COPR was sent back in April via regular mail. After waiting all this time thinking the application was still in process, the letter was lost in the mail, never received.

I imagine there is a time limit for landing, if the time has passed, does this affect anything?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
The COPR would have had an expiry date that is usually the one-year anniversary of the medical exam. If that time has passed, you may be out of luck, unfortunately.

You should send a Case Specific Enquiry to CIC ASAP as well as calling the Call Centre to let them know.

Hopefully, they will send a replacement.

Good luck!

DeeDenson

Aug 18, 2016
Ponga said:
The COPR would have had an expiry date that is usually the one-year anniversary of the medical exam. If that time has passed, you may be out of luck, unfortunately.

You should send a Case Specific Enquiry to CIC ASAP as well as calling the Call Centre to let them know.

Hopefully, they will send a replacement.

Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think a new med exam can just be done for it to be re-issued?

This has been very frustrating but I will try calling the Call Centre and emailing.

Thanks again,

pyros1

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-23-2016
AOR Received.
06-23-2016
Med's Done....
XX-02-2016
Hello,

I haven't received mine after 4 weeks as well... I just sent them an e-mail on Thursday through the IRCC web form.
They asked for my address again and never got back to me after that.
I assume they are re-mailing it.

Maybe you could try that?

mrkeuriseu

Mar 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
21-05-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
LANDED..........
10-10-2016
pyros1 said:
Hello,

I haven't received mine after 4 weeks as well... I just sent them an e-mail on Thursday through the IRCC web form.
They asked for my address again and never got back to me after that.
I assume they are re-mailing it.

Maybe you could try that?
Our PPR got lost in the mail. I called it in and the first time, the officer said that I needed to wait the 13 months it says for my spouse's country. I checked my ECAS and CIC and it said "Decision Made" and found that it was already approved. So, I called again and was told again to wait. I explained the situation and didn't give up until she checked it out with a supervisor. Apparently, they said they had sent the PPR two and a half months earlier, but we never got it. She put a note on my file and the next day an email came requesting I send a copy of passport and some photos.

Now, they are in the process of sending out the COPR. I hope it doesn't get lost again. At least this time, I can track it with the Xpresspost envelope tracking number. Maybe it had something to do with the Canada Post strike awhile back in the summer...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
DeeDenson said:

I suggest you contact your MP immediately. If the COPR is long expired, it is entirely possible that IRCC will not re-issue it and you will need to start the process again.

Why on earth did you wait so long to do anything when you had DM in April???