+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Issued but marital status not updated

Jul 11, 2022
I got an information letter to my account that says:

Dear Kranthi,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have received your correspondence asking if you can still land before the deadline and your ability to sponsor your spouse in the future. Since you notified our office after a final decision was made on your application, you are still able land before the deadline and sponsor your spouse afterwards. Regards, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.cic.gc.ca

I am confused.

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022
I got an information letter to my account that says:

Dear Kranthi,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have received your correspondence asking if you can still land before the deadline and your ability to sponsor your spouse in the future. Since you notified our office after a final decision was made on your application, you are still able land before the deadline and sponsor your spouse afterwards. Regards, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.cic.gc.ca

I am confused.
There’s nothing to be confused, they are saying clearly that you informed them after the final decision hence you should land and sponsor the spouse in future.

Reactions: southwindsor_ct

amberkiza

Aug 25, 2022
I obtained my PPR on 23 August 2019, post which i submitted my passport and updated my marital status through CSE on CIC website. My COPR was issued on 23 September 2019 however, the marital status on my COPR still shows single. I sent an inquiry again to CIC with all supporting documents (i.e. LOE, Marriage certificate and spouce passport copy). Keep in mind my wife is a canadian citizen with a canadian passport and residing in canada since last 9-10 years. i recently got a reply from IRCC on my which states the below:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file. "

I am very confused as to should i travel or not ...i plan on travelling by end of November any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Did you ever let IRCC know that you were married?

Last edited: