+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Issued but marital status not updated

farhad89

Oct 1, 2019
I obtained my PPR on 23 August 2019, post which i submitted my passport and updated my marital status through CSE on CIC website. My COPR was issued on 23 September 2019 however, the marital status on my COPR still shows single. I sent an inquiry again to CIC with all supporting documents (i.e. LOE, Marriage certificate and spouce passport copy). Keep in mind my wife is a canadian citizen with a canadian passport and residing in canada since last 9-10 years. i recently got a reply from IRCC on my which states the below:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file. "

I am very confused as to should i travel or not ...i plan on travelling by end of November any advice would be great.

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I obtained my PPR on 23 August 2019, post which i submitted my passport and updated my marital status through CSE on CIC website. My COPR was issued on 23 September 2019 however, the marital status on my COPR still shows single. I sent an inquiry again to CIC with all supporting documents (i.e. LOE, Marriage certificate and spouce passport copy). Keep in mind my wife is a canadian citizen with a canadian passport and residing in canada since last 9-10 years. i recently got a reply from IRCC on my which states the below:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file. "

I am very confused as to should i travel or not ...i plan on travelling by end of November any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Your COPR may be able to be updated during the landing process as there are no further processing requirements. It's merely an administrative change. You have effectively been given permission to use the existing COPR as far as I can tell.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
farhad89, were you able to complete the landing process? I also got the same exact response from IRCC when I raised a web form. In my case, my spouse is Indian.
If your spouse is not in Canada you need to wait for them to add her to your PR. It might take time and further Information to your application.

Jul 11, 2022
If your spouse is not in Canada you need to wait for them to add her to your PR. It might take time and further Information to your application.
So, Can I ignore their response as follows:

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

Can I raise another web form?

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
So, Can I ignore their response as follows:

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

Can I raise another web form?
If your wife is in India you need to add her to your file she will get her Visa as well. If she is in Canada there is no need for you to add her if she is already a PR/Citizen.

Sona059

Aug 18, 2022

Thanks.
Can you please let me know what happened next?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I am exactly facing the same situation, my husband is Canadian and my COPR shows single, how can I rectify this things?
Did you ever let IRCC know that you were married?