+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR issued 2022-02-16!

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Finally got my COPR! Such a relief, I'm a little bit shellshocked if I'm honest. It's been such a long and tedious process of waiting and waiting and jumping through hoops but it's finally done!

I'm officially a Canadian Permanent Resident!!!! :D :D :D :p :cool:

Keep the faith brothers and sisters

iamparis

Jul 19, 2018
Finally got my COPR! Such a relief, I'm a little bit shellshocked if I'm honest. It's been such a long and tedious process of waiting and waiting and jumping through hoops but it's finally done!

WOOOOWWW! I am so happy for you! Happy for your family! Congratulations! Great news!
By the way, if you don't mind me asking.
-When did you apply? (ooops! read from your post Sept 2019) ours was submitted August 2019.

-Which province you've chosen to live permanently?
-What's your NOC code?

So grateful to hear such a wonderful news! Keep the positivity coming!

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Thank you. Can't remember my NOC but it's for live events/sound engineering.

For my type of work Toronto is where I'm aiming but my brother lives in BC and isn't well so I might start out there for a while and move east once I'm properly settled in.

I'm so happy :)

Reactions: comerunning19

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada

YOU'VE MADE IT!!
I'm SO SO SOOOOO happy for you bro (I'm sure you know) :)

Just one correction: you aren't a PR yet until the day you've landed in Canada :p
From there, if you've remained in Canada for 2 years out of 5, you can renew your PR status; 3 out of 5, you can apply for citizenship ;)

ALL the best bro! Congratulations!!

Reactions: theguv

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Got my physical COPR documents yesterday. Now just have to wait for Canada to stop with it's covid rubbish and get back to normal so I can activate it!

Reactions: comerunning19

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019

Logged in to say how happy I am for you, dude :) All the patience paid off, and more importantly, in good time. IRCC's ridiculous handling of this entire process has taken a toll on me. I'm frustrated beyond words. It's criminal, what these guys are doing. No accountability, no responsibility, smug attitude. I'm literally at the end of my friekin' patience.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Logged in to say how happy I am for you, dude :) All the patience paid off, and more importantly, in good time. IRCC's ridiculous handling of this entire process has taken a toll on me. I'm frustrated beyond words. It's criminal, what these guys are doing. No accountability, no responsibility, smug attitude. I'm literally at the end of my friekin' patience.
It definitely ground me down. When you get a message and then nothing for months, when you pass your medical and then hear nothing for nearly a year, it all gets you down.

It wouldn't be too bad if they at least automated some kind of update communications:

"Hello. We've checked X and you've passed. We will now be checking Y and then Z."

It is a relief to have finally received it though :)

Reactions: mosmo and Palamon

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
It definitely ground me down. When you get a message and then nothing for months, when you pass your medical and then hear nothing for nearly a year, it all gets you down.

It wouldn't be too bad if they at least automated some kind of update communications:

"Hello. We've checked X and you've passed. We will now be checking Y and then Z."

I understand, my friend. Very happy for you, more so because I have seen you through your journey. Savour the moment, and wish you the best of luck in Canada :)

Reactions: theguv

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020

Congratulations . Haven't checked this page in a while as I landed in Jan and settling down has been hectic. I have been following your progress and the long wait. Hope you're in canada now. And I do hope your brother is doing well. All the best in your new country.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Congratulations . Haven't checked this page in a while as I landed in Jan and settling down has been hectic. I have been following your progress and the long wait. Hope you're in canada now. And I do hope your brother is doing well. All the best in your new country.
Congratulations to you too. How's the landing/settling process been? Where are you?

I'm not there yet, I'm waiting for the Federal Gov to drop their 14 day quarantine for the unjabbed requirements before I do a soft landing. After that it's back to the UK for a major push of work to save up and tie up all my life loose ends and ditch/sell all my stuff. I want to travel light so need to get rid of nearly 90% of everything I own one way or another. :)