+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr india expires on 2020

Zyrah

Jan 14, 2020
Hii everyone,
Anyone from india who got stuck in covid 19 problem and copr expiry date till july 2020??

joyjoyjoy

Aug 24, 2016
Hii everyone,
Anyone from india who got stuck in covid 19 problem and copr expiry date till july 2020??
Hi
I am in the same boat
Was planning to travel in 1st week of July but I dont think.by then the travel restrictions will be lifted. Totally confused dont know what to do.
Where are you travelling from ?

Zyrah

Jan 14, 2020
Where
Hi
I am in the same boat
Was planning to travel in 1st week of July but I dont think.by then the travel restrictions will be lifted. Totally confused dont know what to do.
Where are you travelling from ?
[/QUOTE

Where are you from??

Faizmirza15

Jun 19, 2019
I am an Indian citizen with an approved Canadian PR invite. The last date of entry into Canada mentioned in my CoPR letter and my visa is July 23, 2020.

With the current ban on international flights originating to and from India, I would like to know that status of my CoPR and its validity incase international travel does not resume in India before the expiry of my CoPR , given the current situation in Canada and India.

Please advise what may I do in the given scenario

Zyrah

Jan 14, 2020
I am an Indian citizen with an approved Canadian PR invite. The last date of entry into Canada mentioned in my CoPR letter and my visa is July 23, 2020.

With the current ban on international flights originating to and from India, I would like to know that status of my CoPR and its validity incase international travel does not resume in India before the expiry of my CoPR , given the current situation in Canada and India.

We are also in confusion . Dont know what to do if flights dont resume by next month.
Hope if they could extend visa.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

You do what everyone else on this forum has done which is to send in a web forum explaining the travel issue. This gets you registered in the system should you not be able to travel before your COPR expires

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-338#post-8642317

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Same situation for me. PR visa expires on August 6. Unsure what to do until another month.

I am from USA so the border restriction is until June 21.

joyjoyjoy

Aug 24, 2016
I am in same boat...Expiring on 20th July.
What are you guys doing? Have you filled web form? or planning to?
My CoPr too expires on 20th July ,I am to travel to Saskachwen from Delhi. Booked a flight with air canada for 1st July ,which has been cancelled. I am thinking of filling the web form soon.

Please others in the same boat ahare your experience.

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
If you have a job offer in Canada but COPR was approved after March 18, is it considered essential travel? The website lists if you need to travel for work, then it is considered essential. Unsure if that applies to COPRs, or just people with PRs

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)

Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a COPR and PRV and inform us, by submitting a Web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:
  • Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html