+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR in Pr Tracker Tool Expired

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
In the new Pr tracker tool, ive been approved and received the first portal email. However, today i saw that ive received a document number for COPr and expiry date is february 2022 just like my old passport. Since then i sent a webform with new passport. Any idea if that would affect my Pr application since im Inland?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In the new Pr tracker tool, ive been approved and received the first portal email. However, today i saw that ive received a document number for COPr and expiry date is february 2022 just like my old passport. Since then i sent a webform with new passport. Any idea if that would affect my Pr application since im Inland?
No. Since as inland you'll land virtually and become a PR right away, expiry of passport is irrelevant.

Even if you were outland, they'd just issue COPR acc to new passport anyway.

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
No. Since as inland you'll land virtually and become a PR right away, expiry of passport is irrelevant.

Even if you were outland, they'd just issue COPR acc to new passport anyway.
Ok thanks a lot for the reply. Even if the copr they issued in the tracker tool shows my old passport number as well?

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
I just want to check for my spouse's outland application.

we got update in tracker on 18 June that

Eligibility , Background verification completed and also received Invitation to pre-arrival services. However, after that there is no update. I am quite skeptical that she might have missed any mail for PPR as it's been almost a month.

My query is, will I get update of COPR on tracker once she receive PPR email? or it will be updated on tracker after the passport is submitted to VFS and those formalities gets complete?

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Hi Johnny,

We are in the same situation. COPR number appeared on the new tracker but it carries the expiry date of the old passport.

Please what was done in your case. How was it resolved please

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hi Johnny,

We are in the same situation. COPR number appeared on the new tracker but it carries the expiry date of the old passport.

Please what was done in your case. How was it resolved please
Hey,
Yea dont worry. Date makes no difference whatsoever.

Joad

May 5, 2023
Hi I got a COPR number does it mean I’ll be getting the PR? Applied through CEC. No email has come through yet

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi I got a COPR number does it mean I’ll be getting the PR? Applied through CEC. No email has come through yet
Number on its own is basically meaningless. They assigned a notional number. Like someone telling you the number of the cheque they might send you, doesn't mean anything until you get it.

Reactions: Joad