+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR generated and out of status

simrandhingsa

Jan 5, 2024
Hi,
I can see my COPR number in the tracker and my status shows waiting Final Decision since Oct 2023. I also applied for extension of my work permit which was refused.
All fields in the tracker are green and a COPR number is also visible.
Called IRCC twice and the agents told me to wait as the file is still in progress.
Someone told me today that since I am out of status, I have to leave Canada and then submit a web form and then I will receive a request to submit my passport for TRV and upon arrival to Canada I will get my COPR.
I am just so confused and any help/guidance at this point is appreciated.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
I can see my COPR number in the tracker and my status shows waiting Final Decision since Oct 2023. I also applied for extension of my work permit which was refused.
Called IRCC twice and the agents told me to wait as the file is still in progress.
Someone told me today that since I am out of status, I have to leave Canada and then submit a web form and then I will receive a request to submit my passport for TRV and upon arrival to Canada I will get my COPR.
If you are out of status it is better to restore it or leave Canada.
The things are not confirmed as long as you get golden email and further steps emails.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I would be very skeptical about info you 'just heard' that involves leaving Canada and returning eg on trv unless you're very certain. You might not be let in.

I believe you can/should request a TRP or restoration of status or something like that. Not an area I know much about.

Being out of status should not be an impediment to getting the passport/virtual landing request - they do know you are in Canada? Virtual landing would be more normal.

[Not clear what program you've applied under etc]

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
If it has been less than 90 days since you lost status you should be applying to restore your status. In general never a good idea to be in a country illegally and it can impact future travels. For express entry believe you do have to have status in Canada so you want to restore your status asap if you qualify. That should give you visitor status which you can use to remain in Canada although you can’t work.

Reactions: armoured

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
The only type of PR sponsorship application that waives the requirement to have legal status is the Inland Spousal Sponsorship (SCPLC) application. If you filed such an application, your lack of status may not be an issue.

Mar 18, 2024
Hi,
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Can you tell me what happened to your PR application or steps you took.