+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr from Express Entry but CSQ from Quebec

amitkaushik

May 27, 2017
Hello All,

I am opening this new thread and need your views to help me and others who might be in similar kind of situation.

I am currently residing in Quebec but have got CoPR through Express Entry(after showing intention to live outside QC). I also have CSQ from QC which I applied before going through CIC's Express entry route to become permanent resident as it is faster.
Question :
1. Can I use my CSQ to do landing in QC with my CoPR from Express Entry
- I doubt it as I showed "intention to live outside QC" while applying through Express Entry but, I am still asking because at some places it says that to do landing in QC you should have CSQ (which I have)

2. Can I take landing appointment at CIC office in Toronto (Toronto is mentioned as destination in CoPR)
- If yes, then do I need to show some address proof of Toronto?

Waiting for your valuable replies. Thanks a lot!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am opening this new thread and need your views to help me and others who might be in similar kind of situation.

I am currently residing in Quebec but have got CoPR through Express Entry(after showing intention to live outside QC). I also have CSQ from QC which I applied before going through CIC's Express entry route to become permanent resident as it is faster.
Question :
- I doubt it as I showed "intention to live outside QC" while applying through Express Entry but, I am still asking because at some places it says that to do landing in QC you should have CSQ (which I have)

2. Can I take landing appointment at CIC office in Toronto (Toronto is mentioned as destination in CoPR)

1 - What you're talking about refers to those who applied for PR via the Quebec immigration program. You applied via EE so you should not be landing in Quebec.

2 - Yes, you can.

amitkaushik

May 27, 2017
1 - What you're talking about refers to those who applied for PR via the Quebec immigration program. You applied via EE so you should not be landing in Quebec.

2 - Yes, you can.

Thanks for the quick reply!
If I do landing in Toronto then wont they ask me my current address which is of QC, so how will I prove that I will be moving out of QC in few months. Also I dont have any address proof from Toronto as of now (have no rent lease agreement there)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I do landing in Toronto then wont they ask me my current address which is of QC, so how will I prove that I will be moving out of QC in few months. Also I dont have any address proof from Toronto as of now (have no rent lease agreement there)
I don't know exactly how you managed to convince the processing officer of your intention to reside outside the province of Quebec so I can't comment on this.

Apr 24, 2018
Hi all,

I've been granted a COPR for Ontario (with the intention of living in Toronto) for the Express Entry Skilled Worker visa. I've got a job offer on the table for Quebec, but it would only be a short-term setup while I find something permanent in Toronto. If I land in Toronto first, am I able to then work in QC? Or do I need to apply for a CSQ?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Vishnutorres

Dec 7, 2018
Hello All,

Question :

Hi
So you have a CSQ ans PR throught express entry?
Plz I need your confirmation.
Thanks a lot.

Davidaf

May 10, 2018
Montreal
What did you decide to do? Please give updates we are in the same situation :)
Anyone else did the landing for EE COPR? How was the interview?