+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR extension response from IRCC (COPR granted before 18th March). Travel from US.

HoustonRodeo

Jun 17, 2020
Guys,
Wondering who all got extension granted by IRCC after they made request in March-April time? Do we need to redo Medicals or FBI clearances etc?
I made extension request in end of March and got all generic responses. Now am ready to travel in August (pending h1 ban BS).

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Guys,
Wondering who all got extension granted by IRCC after they made request in March-April time? Do we need to redo Medicals or FBI clearances etc?
I made extension request in end of March and got all generic responses. Now am ready to travel in August (pending h1 ban BS).
Did you open a webform stating you are willing to travel?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Did you open a webform stating you are willing to travel?
OP sought the extension(not the correction in existing approved document) hence op can travel without informing them since op travels within already existing approved period. Also op should not send any additional update on travel to avoid confusion.

Guys,
Do we need to redo Medicals or FBI clearances etc?
Not FBI clearance but possibly medical. But during pandemic they might not request as we have not seen others posting on it. As they are going to give few additional months and this is not a normal period, they will just extend without medical but for few months.

HoustonRodeo

Jun 17, 2020
Friends,

Please do share if anyone got CoPR extensions based on Mar2020 request. We are ready to travel in August and have notified via web form. Haven’t received anything yet from IRCC except generic response.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Friends,

Please do share if anyone got CoPR extensions based on Mar2020 request. We are ready to travel in August and have notified via web form. Haven’t received anything yet from IRCC except generic response.
How many days has it been for you since you opened the web as willing to travel now? Maybe you can try calling IRCC also.

HoustonRodeo

Jun 17, 2020
How many days has it been for you since you opened the web as willing to travel now? Maybe you can try calling IRCC also.
it has been more than 40~days of telling them we are ready to travel. I called IRCC and now it seems they are picking up calls. For same answer...wait for official note as if she something today it may change tomorrow:(

All the webform stuff... I have been using that. I want to know if ppl who already got extension after notifying they are ready to travel.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
it has been more than 40~days of telling them we are ready to travel. I called IRCC and now it seems they are picking up calls. For same answer...wait for official note as if she something today it may change tomorrow:(

All the webform stuff... I have been using that. I want to know if ppl who already got extension after notifying they are ready to travel.
Please post if you hear back from IRCC. The only concern I have is even if they issue a new COPR, we cant travel because the copr issue date will be after march 18

HoustonRodeo

Jun 17, 2020
Haven't heard anything yet. Only update is ....I have already notified them that I am ready to travel and cross via Land border in August. I updated them around mid May and seems like file has been transferred to concerned Officer to review. Not ETA available.

I think if originally approved CoPR was before 18th March, 2020, extensions should be allowed to travel (can carry older expired CoPR papers as proof)

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Haven't heard anything yet. Only update is ....I have already notified them that I am ready to travel and cross via Land border in August. I updated them around mid May and seems like file has been transferred to concerned Officer to review. Not ETA available.

I think if originally approved CoPR was before 18th March, 2020, extensions should be allowed to travel (can carry older expired CoPR papers as proof)
Were you planning for a short landing or a full and final move. Seems like IRCC is only entertaining settlers.

HoustonRodeo

Jun 17, 2020
Were you planning for a short landing or a full and final move. Seems like IRCC is only entertaining settlers.
I am planning to do soft landing and return back. Don't think we need to tell about our intentions i.e. soft landing or perm move to extend CoPR. If they are entertaining extension request in general, they won't care about type of landing.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I am planning to do soft landing and return back. Don't think we need to tell about our intentions i.e. soft landing or perm move to extend CoPR. If they are entertaining extension request in general, they won't care about type of landing.
Someone had posted an email received from IRCC in another thread regarding coronavirus, the email said the extension now is only for permanent movers and asked to provide details of stay, moving plans.

HoustonRodeo

Jun 17, 2020
Someone had posted an email received from IRCC in another thread regarding coronavirus, the email said the extension now is only for permanent movers and asked to provide details of stay, moving plans.
Really? Can you please post the link here?

HoustonRodeo

Jun 17, 2020
Only need to get a monthly rental (will be staying for 15 days anyways) and then say yes we plan to settle. There is no way they can prevent us going back after 14 days. Once landing is done.....PR card will be shipped to Canadian address.

"Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted"