+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Extension Request : Wording

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi all,

I will probably send a CoPR extension request via the webform this weekend but I wanted to have your input on the wording below. My CoPR expires on August 8 and so I am exempt from the current travel restrictions. What do you think?

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would like to respectfully request an extension of my CoPR which is due to expire on August 8, 2020.

Due to the current COVID-19 circumstances, I will not be ready to travel to Canada before that deadline. Air travel presents a high risk of contracting the virus. In addition, the numerous legislative and regulatory uncertainties make my permanent relocation extremely complicated to organize at this time. I have not been able to properly prepare my departure from my current country of residence because of the circumstances and I am still bound by several obligations such as my job which requires me to provide a three month termination notice as well as property to sell.

I trust that you will approve my request for extension.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.

Truong Nguyen

Oct 6, 2018
Your letter is fine. I think they'll accept your request regardless of any reasons you give them as it's clearly beneficial for both parties at this time. They even use the phrase 'unwilling to travel prior to expiration' on their website so go on submit it.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi all,

I will probably send a CoPR extension request via the webform this weekend but I wanted to have your input on the wording below. My CoPR expires on August 8 and so I am exempt from the current travel restrictions. What do you think?

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would like to respectfully request an extension of my CoPR which is due to expire on August 8, 2020.

Due to the current COVID-19 circumstances, I will not be ready to travel to Canada before that deadline. Air travel presents a high risk of contracting the virus. In addition, the numerous legislative and regulatory uncertainties make my permanent relocation extremely complicated to organize at this time. I have not been able to properly prepare my departure from my current country of residence because of the circumstances and I am still bound by several obligations such as my job which requires me to provide a three month termination notice as well as property to sell.

Your letter is good but I would only keep the first part "Due to CoVID ....... organize at this time" part after that is unnecessary.

Keep it short simple and to the point.

gayajust

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
21-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Hi all,

Dear Sir or Madam:

Hi,
Do you get any extension after submitting the Web form?

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Hi

I have received a reply from CIC regarding the COPR extension. I attached the confirmed tickets and accommodation and in reply I received the following:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Anyone else received this?

What next can I expect?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi

I have received a reply from CIC regarding the COPR extension. I attached the confirmed tickets and accommodation and in reply I received the following:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Anyone else received this?

What next can I expect?
I think you will receive another, longer email with further instructions wherein they may ask you to redo the medical visit and once everything is closed they will issue an electronic letter of extension of your CoPR.

I don't know if it was right for you to book your tickets because the covid webpage on canada.ca now clearly states that one shouldn't book tickets before raising the ready to travel webform and receiving the greenlight from them. But what is done is done, and it may actuallt speed up the treatment of your case.

Please keep us posted.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
I think you will receive another, longer email with further instructions wherein they may ask you to redo the medical visit and once everything is closed they will issue an electronic letter of extension of your CoPR.

I don't know if it was right for you to book your tickets because the covid webpage on canada.ca now clearly states that one shouldn't book tickets before raising the ready to travel webform and receiving the greenlight from them. But what is done is done, and it may actuallt speed up the treatment of your case.

Please keep us posted.
I did raise a few forms stating I am ready to travel but every time I was told I need to present the tickets and proofs with definite date of traveling. Now I’m traveling end of September.

I have been raising webforms since April with ticket attachments (when I was supposed to travel). And then raised another one before my CoPR expiration In June (again with a new ticket Attachment). But every time the tickets were cancelled by the carriers.

I mentioned this to CIC on a bi-weekly basis.
This time when I raised the webform I attached
1. Confirmed one way ticket
2. Confirmed fully contained accommodation for quarantine and further
3. Plans how I will get to the accommodation upon landing
4. Details of person doing grocery and medical shopping for me
5. My resignation from job in my home country, stating I’m willing to travel to resume my career.

And I was told By someone on the other group that CoPR extensions are being granted to people with at least 30 days of flying time. I raised a request with nearly 40 days of time.

Should have I given more time?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
I did raise a few forms stating I am ready to travel but every time I was told I need to present the tickets and proofs with definite date of traveling. Now I’m traveling end of September.

I have been raising webforms since April with ticket attachments (when I was supposed to travel). And then raised another one before my CoPR expiration In June (again with a new ticket Attachment). But every time the tickets were cancelled by the carriers.

I mentioned this to CIC on a bi-weekly basis.
This time when I raised the webform I attached
1. Confirmed one way ticket
2. Confirmed fully contained accommodation for quarantine and further
3. Plans how I will get to the accommodation upon landing
4. Details of person doing grocery and medical shopping for me
5. My resignation from job in my home country, stating I’m willing to travel to resume my career.

And I was told By someone on the other group that CoPR extensions are being granted to people with at least 30 days of flying time. I raised a request with nearly 40 days of time.

Should have I given more time?
Looks like you did what you had to do. Have they not asked for you to redo medicals? Have your medicals expired?

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Looks like you did what you had to do. Have they not asked for you to redo medicals? Have your medicals expired?
No.
that’s what I’m wondering.
My médical expired in June but they haven’t said anything about it.
i just received that one reply which I mentioned above. Saying they have forwarded my request to the concerned office.
So I’m wondering what is coming next so that I could prepared myself. I still have 32 days to fly out, but I hope that’s enough time to handle whatever documents they require, if any.

Reactions: BillyWescott

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
No.
that’s what I’m wondering.
My médical expired in June but they haven’t said anything about it.
i just received that one reply which I mentioned above. Saying they have forwarded my request to the concerned office.
So I’m wondering what is coming next so that I could prepared myself. I still have 32 days to fly out, but I hope that’s enough time to handle whatever documents they require, if any.
Hello - how are things going? Have you had to retake the medicals?

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Hello - how are things going? Have you had to retake the medicals?
No. Nothing.

I happened to get in touch with people from IRCC and they told me I’ve submitted the required documents and that no more action or details are required from my end.

But then I haven’t heard anything regarding the extension as well. Flight is scheduled in the next 48hours and I don’t know what and how else can I do.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
No. Nothing.

I happened to get in touch with people from IRCC and they told me I’ve submitted the required documents and that no more action or details are required from my end.

But then I haven’t heard anything regarding the extension as well. Flight is scheduled in the next 48hours and I don’t know what and how else can I do.
Damn.. Hope everything will be fine.

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
No. Nothing.

hi did you fly ? Can you please give an update ?

Reactions: BillyWescott