+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr extension for copr expiring between 1st March to May 30 due to Covid 19

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi All!
Starting this separate thread for all those whose pr application was approved before 16th March but could not travel or will not be able to travel to validate their copr due to Corona Virus Pandemic and their visas are expiring between March and May.Please post here if any updates from ircc or Local vo regarding copr extension is received .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really depends when their COPR approval was and why they couldn’t travel. Their is a big difference from getting approve on March 16 and January 1st. Very hard to have been able to schedule your travel when you were just approved versus had months.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Really depends when their COPR approval was and why they couldn’t travel. Their is a big difference from getting approve on March 16 and January 1st. Very hard to have been able to schedule your travel when you were just approved versus had months.
That's right.There are ppl who have been approved in March but some of them have visa exp in May.Even amidst this crisis they were given such close dates to land.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's right.There are ppl who have been approved in March but some of them have visa exp in May.Even amidst this crisis they were given such close dates to land.
Not what I meant. OP was asking about others that have COPR approved before March 16th and did not come to Canada yet. If people received their COPR approvals in, for example, December and chose not to travel and their COPR expires in May it is very different from someone who received their COPR approval on March 15. Someone having an approval on March 15th had very little time to try and find a flight to book and get to Canada.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Not what I meant. OP was asking about others that have COPR approved before March 16th and did not come to Canada yet. If people received their COPR approvals in, for example, December and chose not to travel and their COPR expires in May it is very different from someone who received their COPR approval on March 15. Someone having an approval on March 15th had very little time to try and find a flight to book and get to Canada.
Oh yes .Right.So they have a LOT of things to verify.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not reporting you. You aren’t even in this thread. Commenting on posts I have seen from others where CIC has replied to people who asked for extension in March. They were refused an extension and told to travel because they can travel. Nobody can confirm how CIC will deal with those who could have travelled, were told to travel when they asked to get an extension and then chose not to travel.
huh? Why are you making up stuff? Ircc has clearly communicated on their website that no application, landing, pr visas will be impacted by the coronavirus. And then i see you jumping from post to post scaring people and telling them they should hope for ircc "forgiveness" in the case when they had their copr issued before mar 15th and didn't land. Like who do you are to give advises? Let me give you an advise instead, it is NOT up to ircc to refuse or extend copr's but I doubt you understand what this means. So before you go around with your precious advises, and for those who you already scared, let me tell you ircc will DEFINITELY extend your copr no matter when your pr visa was issued. the big question is will they or will they no require medicals.

Reactions: karencoralde

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
huh? Why are you making up stuff? Ircc has clearly communicated on their website that no application, landing, pr visas will be impacted by the coronavirus. And then i see you jumping from post to post scaring people and telling them they should hope for ircc "forgiveness" in the case when they had their copr issued before mar 15th and didn't land. Like who do you are to give advises? Let me give you an advise instead, it is NOT up to ircc to refuse or extend copr's but I doubt you understand what this means. So before you go around with your precious advises, and for those who you already scared, let me tell you ircc will DEFINITELY extend your copr no matter when your pr visa was issued. the big question is will they or will they no require medicals.
Every one has their own opinion and its up to us whether we agree with that or not.I don't think any one in this forum would take a decision based on others opinion but they will definitely make sure that they are taking right step by some or the other means.So pls don't react in this way.We all are here to help each other not to fight.He never said ircc will not give extensions to those who were able to travel.Just you need to be careful before risking copr.If there was no travel ban I would have landed by now even with two kids and an expensive ticket.As I was really not sure how ircc would respond and I did not want to lose my copr.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every one has their own opinion and its up to us whether we agree with that or not.I don't think any one in this forum would take a decision based on others opinion but they will definitely make sure that they are taking right step by some or the other means.So pls don't react in this way.We all are here to help each other not to fight.He never said ircc will not give extensions to those who were able to travel.Just you need to be careful before risking copr.If there was no travel ban I would have landed by now even with two kids and an expensive ticket.As I was really not sure how ircc would respond and I did not want to lose my copr.
I don't disagree with you, dealing with immigration is the last thing most people want to do but this guy goes from one forum to another posting cut off dates for how ircc will deal with cases. In one case thread he was telling people how if your visa was issued before mar 15 that it was basically a personal choice not to do your landing and that you should ask for ircc forgiveness lol

and sure we are all posting opinions but you know well many people go to the internet for information and more many make decisions based on it. This guy is basically spreading fear and telling people if your visa was issued before mar 15 that you should travel because you don't have a strong case to get your visa extended. So he is basically suggesting people should travel now when everyone needs to STAY HOME.

Reactions: karencoralde

karencoralde

Apr 20, 2020
our copr is expiring may 2020. but due to the covid, flights were cancelled. let’s not jump into conclusion that they want us to enter canada regardless of our copr validity expiration threatening our health and speading the virus. it was said that travel should be ESSENTIAL for you to travel. they are not forcing anyone to travel at this time. they only told that we have to write in the webform why we are unable to travel. as long as you present your case in all honesty of course it is okay. its not our fault or anyones fault such thing occurred making landing difficult. unless you have 10,000 cad above to shoulder your expenses when you get sick there, then by all means go ahead. let’s not spead fear especially at this time and post negative judgements about this. we have to uplift and help each other. Godbless everyone!

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't disagree with you, dealing with immigration is the last thing most people want to do but this guy goes from one forum to another posting cut off dates for how ircc will deal with cases. In one case thread he was telling people how if your visa was issued before mar 15 that it was basically a personal choice not to do your landing and that you should ask for ircc forgiveness lol

and sure we are all posting opinions but you know well many people go to the internet for information and more many make decisions based on it. This guy is basically spreading fear and telling people if your visa was issued before mar 15 that you should travel because you don't have a strong case to get your visa extended. So he is basically suggesting people should travel now when everyone needs to STAY HOME.
Haha I know what you mean. I croseds path with this guy once on here, when he was basically telling me that it is MY CHOICE that I decided not to force my parents to travel with their COPR amidst covid crisis. First of all, there are no international flights from India to Canada. Even if there was, it will be 3 times more when the resume. Even if I am willing to pay that, why would I RISK their lives just because they have to secure their PR with COPR letter, that they were never interested in to begin with. I talked them into applying cuz I wanted them to visit me and stay with me. It was a smooth process cuz I was very eligible with my records. Now, just cuz it has an expiry date in July, and it is highly dangerous to travel is landing worth more than their lives? Absolutely not! But this guy was telling me well you better land otherwise IRCC will be mad that I ignored their offer or something and he had the nerve to say no one forcing your parents to move to Canada, but if you don't land then you made a choice to throw away their PR. Ridiculous! IRCC is pretty reasonable, they would understand what's going on.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
our copr is expiring may 2020. but due to the covid, flights were cancelled. let’s not jump into conclusion that they want us to enter canada regardless of our copr validity expiration threatening our health and speading the virus. it was said that travel should be ESSENTIAL for you to travel. they are not forcing anyone to travel at this time. they only told that we have to write in the webform why we are unable to travel. as long as you present your case in all honesty of course it is okay. its not our fault or anyones fault such thing occurred making landing difficult. unless you have 10,000 cad above to shoulder your expenses when you get sick there, then by all means go ahead. let’s not spead fear especially at this time and post negative judgements about this. we have to uplift and help each other. Godbless everyone!
Have you heard anything back from IRCC?