+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr Expiring June 20th, planning to do soft landing around 15th May from US ...by land or by flight..?

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Did you travel or anyone who you know travelled ?
No I am not aware of anyone who travelled yet with copr after March 18. I am planning to travel myself on July 14.

I called the CBSA multiple, around 3 times, and explained my situation. They all said that I would be eligible to travel with copr after March 18.

One said that I won’t be eligible. Then I explained to them what’s on their website, that I just posted above. After explanation, they talked to their manager and they reviewed the info. Then at the end after 15 mins of conversation they said that I will be eligible to travel.

So I am confident that the above info holds up and we would be eligible.

mits26

Apr 29, 2020
No I am not aware of anyone who travelled yet with copr after March 18. I am planning to travel myself on July 14.

I called the CBSA multiple, around 3 times, and explained my situation. They all said that I would be eligible to travel with copr after March 18.

One said that I won’t be eligible. Then I explained to them what’s on their website, that I just posted above. After explanation, they talked to their manager and they reviewed the info. Then at the end after 15 mins of conversation they said that I will be eligible to travel.

So I am confident that the above info holds up and we would be eligible.
I am also going to call them tommorow and I have submitted web form. Let's see what happens in few days.

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
I am also going to call them tommorow and I have submitted web form. Let's see what happens in few days.
Sounds good! Please share what they say.

If they mention March 18 rule then you can tell them what you’ve read on their website. That the March 18 exception is only for people coming from OUTSIDE the US.

Also, the CBSA is open 24hrs, 7 days a week

mits26

Apr 29, 2020
Sounds good! Please share what they say.

If they mention March 18 rule then you can tell them what you’ve read on their website. That the March 18 exception is only for people coming from OUTSIDE the US.

Also, the CBSA is open 24hrs, 7 days a week
Sure will share details here, you also share your experience once you travel.

mits26

Apr 29, 2020
Depending upon the results I get from IRCC or Border service. Once sure will plan. Right now no date is planed.