+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR expires in a few months but have not received offical email

skippyk39

Apr 18, 2022
My wife received her COPR document number on her tracker a week ago however we have not received any email from IRCC about it yet. We are going to wait a few weeks to see what happens, but our concern is that her COPR expires in August so she only has a few months to get the PPR and get everything ready before coming to Canada.

In case we do not hear anything in the next few weeks, is there some way to contact IRCC about the COPR email? I have heard there is a specific email that could be used to help investigate this possible issue dealing with virtual landing.

Just wanting to get some information together in case I need to follow up on this soon.

Thanks for the help everyone.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My wife received her COPR document number on her tracker a week ago however we have not received any email from IRCC about it yet. We are going to wait a few weeks to see what happens, but our concern is that her COPR expires in August so she only has a few months to get the PPR and get everything ready before coming to Canada.

In case we do not hear anything in the next few weeks, is there some way to contact IRCC about the COPR email? I have heard there is a specific email that could be used to help investigate this possible issue dealing with virtual landing.

Just wanting to get some information together in case I need to follow up on this soon.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Date on COPR number through the tracker is fictitious at this stage, seemingly set from date of passport but not consistent. The usual timeframe for expiry of COPR when issued is one year after the medical examination. If it's too short a period (or runs past that date), they may extend the validity fo the medical, or require the applicant to do another.

If current passport is shortdated, then by all means - get a new one.

skippyk39

Apr 18, 2022
Date on COPR number through the tracker is fictitious at this stage, seemingly set from date of passport but not consistent. The usual timeframe for expiry of COPR when issued is one year after the medical examination. If it's too short a period (or runs past that date), they may extend the validity fo the medical, or require the applicant to do another.

If current passport is shortdated, then by all means - get a new one.
Yes her COPR expiry date matches her medical examination date which she did last August, so both expire August of this year. Her passport is fine but we are still waiting on the passport request so she can get the visa stamped.

I am just wondering if I need to contact IRCC if we do not receive the COPR email soon, is there a specific contact number/email I can go through specifically for this issue.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes her COPR expiry date matches her medical examination date which she did last August, so both expire August of this year. Her passport is fine but we are still waiting on the passport request so she can get the visa stamped.

I am just wondering if I need to contact IRCC if we do not receive the COPR email soon, is there a specific contact number/email I can go through specifically for this issue.
You're not just waiting for the passport request, the passport request is the main step. The allocation of the COPR# on its own is nothing. And as such any contact you make is just going to be seen as a request to please, please speed things up.

All you can really do is make whatever preparations you can in the event the PPR comes so that your spouse can be ready to depart by that date in August. And wait.

Ghigap

Dec 17, 2023
You're not just waiting for the passport request, the passport request is the main step. The allocation of the COPR# on its own is nothing. And as such any contact you make is just going to be seen as a request to please, please speed things up.

All you can really do is make whatever preparations you can in the event the PPR comes so that your spouse can be ready to depart by that date in August. And wait.
Hello there, I have a similar problem. The COPR expiry date is approaching, and the GCMS Notes assessment summary shows everything as 'Completed' and 'Final: Approved.' Does this mean the application is actually approved? I have received the RFV email in the past for my wife and me, but I added a newborn to the application and IRCC issued a new COPR number for the three of us. Yet I haven't received an RFV email for the new COPR.