+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr expired

Samaira12345

Sep 9, 2020
Hi.. My Copr expired in july 2020. Received 4 pointer mail and submitted my documents as advised by them on 5th oct. Still I have not received AL and no reply since then.
Anybody in the same boat? Experts kindly give me your opinion how to go about it.
We are kind of worried that when they will issue us Authorization letter.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Jayluv

Amberrana

May 29, 2020
Hi, we are in the same boat as well we have booked apartment and paid as well. They released the email on 2nd october that would we be able to travel in next 60 days submit docs. We did within 10 days since 12 October nothing no answer no communication, have written to them as well. Sad state of affairs we might end up losing 6K dollars or so by 28th Nov if we dont fly.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hi.. My Copr expired in july 2020. Received 4 pointer mail and submitted my documents as advised by them on 5th oct. Still I have not received AL and no reply since then.
Anybody in the same boat? Experts kindly give me your opinion how to go about it.
We are kind of worried that when they will issue us Authorization letter.

Thanks in advance.
I am also waiting for authorization letter .. dont know how long will it take.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would encourage people to book a few months in advance versus within 60 days. There seems to be a huge volume of people contacting IRCC and many are contacting almost daily so the system seems extremely overwhelmed. I would give yourself extra time.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Is it safe to book flight tickets say 2 months from now without getting authorization letter and inform them on webform or should we wait? Please suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it safe to book flight tickets say 2 months from now without getting authorization letter and inform them on webform or should we wait? Please suggest.
Would personally only book if you can rebook the tickets for free if you don't hear from IRCC. Some more people seem to be getting approval but if the tickets are non-refundable or don't allow changes you could be out quite a lot of money.

Reactions: neeti2090

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Would personally only book if you can rebook the tickets for free if you don't hear from IRCC. Some more people seem to be getting approval but if the tickets are non-refundable or don't allow changes you could be out quite a lot of money.
Yes agree with you.. Not sure if tickets are fully refundable as there are charges for cancellations. So is it that only those people are getting Authorization letters who are booking tickets and showing them as proof of travel? Again question is if we book then for what dates .. so much confusion

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes agree with you.. Not sure if tickets are fully refundable as there are charges for cancellations. So is it that only those people are getting Authorization letters who are booking tickets and showing them as proof of travel? Again question is if we book then for what dates .. so much confusion
Yes tickets are usually necessary for an extension but there seems to be so much demand that some with tickets are not getting an extension in time. Would at least suggest booking tickets 90-120 days from now and apply for an extension so you have a lot more time.

Reactions: neeti2090

Amberrana

May 29, 2020
@canuck78 Dear member their email states that we need not confirm tickets, also further what about people who have taken places on rent and paid for it already. We have booked our apartment and have paid for it in full without refund for 3 months. Attached the same in our application along with settlement plan.

Our initial tickets had expired and the airlines were kind enough to give us again open air tickets for 2 years as well which we can confirm at any point of time. Whether tickets or rental will work how can we decipher the same. What is the route IRCC is following for such cases in your experience. May be anyone can specify . We had applied on october 1oth . We also have attached our open air tickets

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@canuck78 Dear member their email states that we need not confirm tickets, also further what about people who have taken places on rent and paid for it already. We have booked our apartment and have paid for it in full without refund for 3 months. Attached the same in our application along with settlement plan.

Our initial tickets had expired and the airlines were kind enough to give us again open air tickets for 2 years as well which we can confirm at any point of time. Whether tickets or rental will work how can we decipher the same. What is the route IRCC is following for such cases in your experience. May be anyone can specify . We had applied on october 1oth . We also have attached our open air tickets
About booked apartment, is it an airbnb? For one year or short term (3 to 6 months) lease, usually people don't pay 3 months in advance. As low as one month is required.

Amberrana

May 29, 2020
About booked apartment, is it an airbnb? For one year or short term (3 to 6 months) lease, usually people don't pay 3 months in advance. As low as one month is required.
Hi, well usually yes even we don't pay when we travel overseas, but the thing is that we booked it in October 1st week and now made the full payment as per terms. Issue at hand also is not my booking of apartment but if we have paid for our accommodation and have confirmed bookings does it in any way helps in expediting our application. As we have open air tickets ready to book & the accommodation is also confirmed . We are stressed as we have paid and no news till now from IRCC on when they will give the permit as it has been almost 50 days. We will loose over 6k$ .

Reactions: jackyromma

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
IRCC has forgotten the immigrats with outland CoPR and expired CoPR. They should treat this group as international students. But they didn't.
International student is supported by local school, there is not local organization who can give support for immigrats.
Could immigrats lauch one protest activity?

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
Why dont they add one exampt as international student?
The amount of international student is far more than new immigrats. I don't understand why we are treated so unfair.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why dont they add one exampt as international student?
The amount of international student is far more than new immigrats. I don't understand why we are treated so unfair.
Schools are essentially a business so there was pressure to allow international students to return. When it comes to new PRs they of course are expecting to be employed, have access to social programs, etc. Both populations are very different. Although I understand your frustration I assume that if you arrived and employers weren't hiring and you were going into lockdowns that would equally put you in a bad position. I assume that because hiring is pretty minimal these days and so many people have had to use income support programs after losing their jobs, I assume Canada isn't rushing to have new PRs relocate to Canada right away.

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
a business so there was pressure to allow international students to return. When it comes to new PRs they of course are expecting to be employed, have access to social programs, etc. Both populations are very different. Although I understand your frustration I assume that if you arrived and employers weren't hiring and you were going into lockdowns that would equally put you in a bad po
Thanks. your answer is reasonable. but why did they accelerate the confirmation for inland applicants? Is there any different on your point between inland and outland applicants?
Based on your view, could we say the expired copr need a long waiting, even after covid and vaccine is gone?

Reactions: Amberrana