+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Expired and Living Inside Canada. What is next step

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am living in Toronto. MY PR approved prior to March and COPR got expired on July . i dint not do my landing due to COVID-19. is there anyone who lives inside canada with my situation and still did not do the landing? Please let me know what is the next step.
And also my current WP is going to expire in Septemeber and filed Bridge WP as well. but no response for that as well.

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi, I am in the same situation as you. Can you tell me what happened in your situation?

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Have you requested a virtual landing?
Yes i did that too. i called IRCC last week and inquired. They said they extended my medical till next year but for my family only till Nov . So there may be a chance that they might take some action on my file. Not sure when that will happen. Regarding Virtual they said, it is only applicable if entire family inside Canada. if not, the only option is to wait for the new COPR or Authorization letter.

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
No Changes yet.. i had opeded ready to tracel web request. but no response. i did it multiple time since July month.
Hi. Just checking if you know anything more since October? Thanks

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
That's great! Congratulations

Reactions: ibujack

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Yeah received my PR via virtual landing to me and my family this January
How was your journey getting your PR? Can you share your timeline?I am also inland and family outside canada,,still not landed yet.. copr pre march 2020 and got expired april 2020..thank you

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
How was your journey getting your PR? Can you share your timeline?I am also inland and family outside canada,,still not landed yet.. copr pre march 2020 and got expired april 2020..thank you
mine expired in july 2020. as like everyone else i have submitted multiple web forms. finally got re-medical request on december.
after submitting the remedical, On Jan 11, i got AL for my wife & Kid though my PR not validated as a primary applicant.,
however before they do travel on Feb, On feb 6, i received Email for each one of us confirming our PR and requesting to send photo for PR card.
so i postpone their travel as they are not officially confirmed. i dont want to bring them with this situation.

i sent photo for all of us for PR card and hope fully will receive the card soon.

Reactions: Lachelle

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
So, did you get an email with a link to the new portal for virtual landing?
I haven't received anything yet. The thing is I am in Outland applicant, and I am here on a IEC open work permit that expires in August. I am a substitute teacher but it's hard to get a more full time position since my status in not very secure. I don't want to have to leave Canada in August and wait indefinetely for them to contact me. Is there any assurance that IRCC will contact me before my work permit expires?

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
I haven't received anything yet. The thing is I am in Outland applicant, and I am here on a IEC open work permit that expires in August. I am a substitute teacher but it's hard to get a more full time position since my status in not very secure. I don't want to have to leave Canada in August and wait indefinetely for them to contact me. Is there any assurance that IRCC will contact me before my work permit expires?
No new portal. i just got PR confirmation letter through email for all 3 of us including me as well my dependents who are out side of canada right now.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi! Could you please keep us posted as we are in the same boat, applied PR outside canada and Im also here on closed work permit which expiring in August.thank you

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi Lachelle,

So, I contacted a lawyer and she got in contact with IRCC. Not long after I received an email from IRCC saying my application is closed because my COPR expired and if I am still interested in coming to Canada I need to reply to the email. My application will be reacessed and I will need to do medical's again it seems. It's not really what I wanted to hear because in all my webforms I explained that I am already in Canada but they never acknowledged it and just answered like I am outside of the country.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Sorry to hear that. They treat each application differently, i guess it depends in the officer who is holding our case. They dont have a precise rules for inland. It says in their website to wait for the local office to contact us to get landed.
My visa office send me an email confirming the extension of my family's medical. They said they have referred my case to in-Canada office and once i get landed they will request for PPR for my family. One month after i did not receive any word from ircc Canada so i emailed my VO again. They said they will make a follow up. The following day, I received a message in my gc acct but i couldn't open it so i called the ircc agent. They said they will send it to my email. I asked them if they're gonna send it the day i called, the agent said no and will have to wait for few days. Seriously! Its just one click, it wouldn't take not even a minute to send it in my email. Unbelievable people! These agents doesn't care.
I hope we're gonna bring our family soon..