+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR expired and extension

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Has anyone requested an extension, and received a response from IRCC on the next steps. I saw a post some days that IRCC was requesting details on stay, quaratine etc and recommending only permanent settlers at the time.

Maybe we could discuss where we are with our application and the way forward.

Reactions: Adam261

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
My husbands CoPr expireEd on 5 July and I had written to them on 20 June for extension they acknowledged and asked him to reach out to high commission in New Delhi. When He wrote to them they just said that we will contact you regarding this once full operations resume You do not need to email regarding this and when He wrote again yesterday they are sending irrelevant replies stating temporary visit is not allowed please visit are facebook page for more information. This is so frustrating that in spite of few flights being available he is not able to travel due to expired copr and there is no instruction from high commission. Has anyone applied for extension and received reply?

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Has anyone requested an extension, and received a response from IRCC on the next steps. I saw a post some days that IRCC was requesting details on stay, quaratine etc and recommending only permanent settlers at the time.

Maybe we could discuss where we are with our application and the way forward.
Nope. My visa expired on 2nd June. I mailed them asking for extension in April. I haven't recieved any response from them since then.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I received an email in my CIC account on the 24th asking for details on how i plan to settle in Canada and quarantine for the first 2 weeks. This took about 2 weeks from when I submitted the webform. I would be submitting a response in about a week or so.

You may want to open another webform asking for further directions if you think you are ready to travel. The IRCC call center agent said they are looking for 2 webforms, one when your original is expiring/ just expired and you couldn't travel, and another one when you actually want to travel.

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I received an email in my CIC account on the 24th asking for details on how i plan to settle in Canada and quarantine for the first 2 weeks. This took about 2 weeks from when I submitted the webform. I would be submitting a response in about a week or so.

You may want to open another webform asking for further directions if you think you are ready to travel. The IRCC call center agent said they are looking for 2 webforms, one when your original is expiring/ just expired and you couldn't travel, and another one when you actually want to travel.
So u received d response after submitting the second webform saying that u r ready to travel?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Yeah i actually was double minded and asked if I could wait until March and if not then I am ready to travel. They responded back with a generic template asking for travel plans.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Yeah i actually was double minded and asked if I could wait until March and if not then I am ready to travel. They responded back with a generic template asking for travel plans.
From which country are you applying? Actually we raised 2 web forms as well first before expiring of the copr and second just after the copr expired. However ircc asked us to get in touch with high commission in New Delhi India as we applied from India . When we contacted them they said that we don’t need to email them as their operations are limited as of now and they will get back to us once their service is fully functional. Since then we have conTacted them thrice and every time they are sending us the same generic email

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless you have a flight and plan on travelling soon they aren't giving our extensions. There are other threads on the topic.