+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Details in Application Status Tracker

NxNj

May 4, 2023
Hi Kaiat, I just did the required steps and also uploaded my photo. May I know if the other person that you have met with the same situation like us is still waiting for ppr instructions for his/her family?

NxNj

May 4, 2023
I can’t see their names on the list yet but it was indicated there that i needed to be approved first and then they will add them in the portal. Am i correct?

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
I can’t see their names on the list yet but it was indicated there that i needed to be approved first and then they will add them in the portal. Am i correct?
Yes, he is still waiting for PPR. The PPR processing time is dependent on the countries VO. So, it may be quick or it may take a while.

NxNj

May 4, 2023
So the ppr will be communicated in my home country which is the Philippines? Makes sense now, coz i can’t see their names yet in the portal.

NxNj

May 4, 2023
Thank you Kaiat! You saved my day of waiting. This is one step closer to my family. I could not express how thankful I am. I really appreciate it.

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
Thank you Kaiat! You saved my day of waiting. This is one step closer to my family. I could not express how thankful I am. I really appreciate it.
You're welcome man! I know how stressful it can be when IRCC messes up, so I'll do whatever I can to help people.

Also, Their names won't show up in the portal because the portal is for eCopr. They will instead get PPR soon hopefully.

NxNj

May 4, 2023
May God bless your journey here in Canada from helping out people! I’am a lady, please understand how this really meant to me after waiting for a while. Gosh, the stress is unbearable but at least one step closer now!

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hello, may I know if how many months did you had to wait for the COPR email (Portal 1)? Thank you! I have been waiting for more than a month now and I did not receive the email they gave me last April 4 (this is according to my gcms notes and ircc agents). I already sent a web form regarding what happened but still no update yet.
2.5 months, but not sure if just my queue came up or me knocking on all doors had an effect on it. For instance the day before I received RFV I managed to get hold of customer support on the phone line and also sent email to my secondary VO (the right one) showing them proof that I got COPR, its validity is critical and I still didn't get the letter. Note that we're talking about RFV for outlanders, not the portal email for inlanders - those 2 are different stories.

You can tell where your case stays by GCMS notes or from checking step by step where are you now as per the procedure: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/overseas-family-members/finalizing.html

Make sure you know your right secondary VO, it's based on your current country of residence, not your citizenship: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
2.5 months, but not sure if just my queue came up or me knocking on all doors had an effect on it. For instance the day before I received RFV I managed to get hold of customer support on the phone line and also sent email to my secondary VO (the right one) showing them proof that I got COPR, its validity is critical and I still didn't get the letter. Note that we're talking about RFV for outlanders, not the portal email for inlanders - those 2 are different stories.

You can tell where your case stays by GCMS notes or from checking step by step where are you now as per the procedure: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/overseas-family-members/finalizing.html

Make sure you know your right secondary VO, it's based on your current country of residence, not your citizenship: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html
I managed to get connected to a customer service agent via call (thanks for the fongo world suggestion), they just said that your application is still in progress and although ircc guidelines says that any application should get approved within 27 months and mine has been going on for 28 months now, he could only suggest to wait for the ircc to send me an email. He didn't provide any other update.
Waiting for the gcms notes now.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
@avnijain They will always call it "In progress" until you got COPR/eCOPR printed, so even after your RFV/Portal email you're still "In progress" to them. You could ask the assistant on the phone what's the state of your Security check. They can share if it was passed, if yes - there are no more stages to pass, just to receive RFV/portal email. It's the best confirmation you can get, because even GCMS/CBSA notes won't be easy to understand on this matter. They want clearly say "Passed" to Security, but you can see the dates of checks in the CBSA notes and can see "Application: Final Approved" in GCMS/CBSA notes.

If you already can see your COPR details on the tracker, that means that you passed all stages. You're just pending to be contacted. That's why you could check the "Finalization" procedures given to IRCC to see what's been already done and what wasn't, GCMS notes can help to tell it more precisely.

My final GCMS notes suggest that it was my Secondary VO (the one that is responsible to send RFV letter to outlanders and print visas+COPRs) that contacted my primary VO to ask them to pass the case to them 2 days after I sent them the webform for the 1st time (because for international VOs you can choose to send it to a specific location). In the end it was Montreal Immigration which issued me the RFV, despite that they're located in Canada and that normally the letter should come from Secondary VO.

So try all - you can contact your Secondary VO via webform and show them that you got COPR details, your processing time is above average and your COPRs have X validity remaining. You can also request GCMS+ notes, for ex from here https://www.justforcanada.com/order-gcms-notes.html#/ and then you'll receive not only the GCMS notes, but also the communication sent to you from IRCC from the beginning of time - so if you missed your RFV letter or credentials then you might see it there, but it takes at least 30-60 days to get those.

Reactions: KaiAT

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
@avnijain They will always call it "In progress" until you got COPR/eCOPR printed, so even after your RFV/Portal email you're still "In progress" to them. You could ask the assistant on the phone what's the state of your Security check. They can share if it was passed, if yes - there are no more stages to pass, just to receive RFV/portal email. It's the best confirmation you can get, because even GCMS/CBSA notes won't be easy to understand on this matter. They want clearly say "Passed" to Security, but you can see the dates of checks in the CBSA notes and can see "Application: Final Approved" in GCMS/CBSA notes.

If you already can see your COPR details on the tracker, that means that you passed all stages. You're just pending to be contacted. That's why you could check the "Finalization" procedures given to IRCC to see what's been already done and what wasn't, GCMS notes can help to tell it more precisely.

My final GCMS notes suggest that it was my Secondary VO (the one that is responsible to send RFV letter to outlanders and print visas+COPRs) that contacted my primary VO to ask them to pass the case to them 2 days after I sent them the webform for the 1st time (because for international VOs you can choose to send it to a specific location). In the end it was Montreal Immigration which issued me the RFV, despite that they're located in Canada and that normally the letter should come from Secondary VO.

So try all - you can contact your Secondary VO via webform and show them that you got COPR details, your processing time is above average and your COPRs have X validity remaining. You can also request GCMS+ notes, for ex from here https://www.justforcanada.com/order-gcms-notes.html#/ and then you'll receive not only the GCMS notes, but also the communication sent to you from IRCC from the beginning of time - so if you missed your RFV letter or credentials then you might see it there, but it takes at least 30-60 days to get those.
I ordered GCMS notes (IRCC + CBSA) from getgcms.com last month, should receive them by next week hopefully. My primary VO was CPC Ottawa first time around, after adding my spouse when i contacted them, they replied that my file is with New Delhi VO and I should raise a web form specifically for NDVO. So, the primary VO is NDVO i think, rest all will get cleared from gcms notes. Also, I will try reaching out to IRCC call canter again to ask about the status of Security, can you tell me what else could I ask them? Because they were not giving any information and kept saying my file is in progress and I should wait. Does it make a difference if while entering the UCI details on call, I enter my Husband's UCI instead of mine?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
@avnijain the call is there just for the sake of you to reach an assistant and hopefully that assistant will “wakeup” your file. Because every time you write a webform, it doesn‘t have to be noted in GCMS that you made a contact with IRCC, but every time you call - they have to mention that. So you can just mention that you saw your COPR details on the tracker and they were issued several months ago, you can mention how much the COPRs still have left in validity and that your case lasts longer than the average. You’ll hear empty responses back, but that’s it. They can only share which checks were passed and if anything is still pending. If in couple of days after the call you’ll get a GU - then it worked out, if not - the call didn‘t help.

Under IRCC webform there’s an option to send a complaint. You can also do that.

Reactions: avnijain

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
@avnijain the call is there just for the sake of you to reach an assistant and hopefully that assistant will “wakeup” your file. Because every time you write a webform, it doesn‘t have to be noted in GCMS that you made a contact with IRCC, but every time you call - they have to mention that. So you can just mention that you saw your COPR details on the tracker and they were issued several months ago, you can mention how much the COPRs still have left in validity and that your case lasts longer than the average. You’ll hear empty responses back, but that’s it. They can only share which checks were passed and if anything is still pending. If in couple of days after the call you’ll get a GU - then it worked out, if not - the call didn‘t help.

should we even complain? won't that leave a negative impact on our application?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
should we even complain? won't that leave a negative impact on our application?
It won’t, just make sure to formulate it properly - like complain that your processing time is above the promissed average, or that COPR is on the tracker, but there was no RFV/PR credentials email for many months.

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020

i just called ircc again, everything including security is cleared for me and my partner, the primary office is Montreal and secondary is NDVO and the last update on my file was made by Montreal office. So the agent suggested to raise a webform for both the VOs. I guess you had the same case right? What all should I include in webform as I don't have gcms notes yet? Can I say that I talked to an ircc agent and he confirmed everything is cleared and it is just pending with visa office to issue a COPR?