+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR deadlines

kkn1712

May 14, 2016
Hi

I have just received my COPR today with a deadline of 30 Mar 2017 which is 3 weeks from now. Is such a deadline normal?

Is there any way I can request IRCC for a postponement in the deadline?

Regards

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deadline is based on your expiry of medical certificates (which is 1 year after the issuance) or the expiry of your passport whichever is earlier.

kkn1712

May 14, 2016
I understand. But they made an error in my application which was rectified almost 3 months late. And now they have sent the COPR with just 2-3 weeks to go.

kkn1712

May 14, 2016
I haven't received my son's passport yet (as of 11th March) and the landing deadline is 30th March. The rest of us have received our passports on 9th March. What are we to do in this case? We tried communicating with the Consulate but received an automated reply that they do not respond to any mail on application status.

Without my son's passport, we cannot land in Toronto as a family.

Could someone please recommend what can be done? Has it ever happened that all members of the same family have not received their passports together?

Much appreciated.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
kkn1712 said:
Hi

I have just received my COPR today with a deadline of 30 Mar 2017 which is 3 weeks from now. Is such a deadline normal?

Is there any way I can request IRCC for a postponement in the deadline?

Regards

When was your medical done?

kkn1712

May 14, 2016
My medicals as well as that Of my family were initially done in Mar 2016. Then my application was wrongly rejected in July 2016 and reinstated by IRCC in Aug 2016. Then I got a request for additional medicals which were completed in Dec 2016.

I then got the request for passports on 14 Feb 2017 which were then submitted on 20 Feb. We received our passports on 9th March 2017 except that of our son. The landing deadline has been given as 30 Mar 2017.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
kkn1712 said:
My medicals as well as that Of my family were initially done in Mar 2016. Then my application was wrongly rejected in July 2016 and reinstated by IRCC in Aug 2016. Then I got a request for additional medicals which were completed in Dec 2016.

I then got the request for passports on 14 Feb 2017 which were then submitted on 20 Feb. We received our passports on 9th March 2017 except that of our son. The landing deadline has been given as 30 Mar 2017.
Your COPR was based on 30 march medical.
By additional medical, I assume you mean additional tests and not repeat of medical. Plz correct me if I assumed incorrectly.
Are u inland or coming from somewhere else?

You have to land before your medical expires......anyone else can tell if they are willing to change COPR date But u will have to repeat medical for the entire family.......not sure how that works.

The end date of my COPR is the expiry date of my medical.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
kkn1712 said:
I haven't received my son's passport yet (as of 11th March) and the landing deadline is 30th March. The rest of us have received our passports on 9th March. What are we to do in this case? We tried communicating with the Consulate but received an automated reply that they do not respond to any mail on application status.

Without my son's passport, we cannot land in Toronto as a family.

Could someone please recommend what can be done? Has it ever happened that all members of the same family have not received their passports together?

Much appreciated.

You are not inquiring about application status. You are asking for your son's passport.. not clear to me why your son's passport hasn't been released...this is a genuine reason to contact them...

Google your local visa office's contact info and contact asap